Tortoise gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prokster17

5 Year Member
I have 2 leopard tortoises. .. I just got the second one and now all i hear is gas sounds all day and night. Loud poofs! Like when they tuck in their shell. Should i be worried? They both are eating and seem
Fine otherwise...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
All living creatures pass gas (even the ladies).

WinterDB

5 Year Member
dmmj said:

Purely an urban legend. Women don't pass gas, nor do they partake in any bodily functions in which a man would say "ew". :p

shellibelli72

5 Year Member
Missouri
WinterDB said:
dmmj said:

Purely an urban legend. Women don't pass gas, nor do they partake in any bodily functions in which a man would say "ew". :p

Amen, sister! Us girls gotta stick together....:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What you are hearing MIGHT be coming from the other end. When a tortoise pulls into its shell quickly it makes the air in the lungs whoosh out. Sounds like the tortoise is hissing at you. Passing gas usually sounds more like a little motor boat.

MrJorgensen

5 Year Member
Indiana
WinterDB said:
dmmj said:

Thank God! I'm still under the impression that women don't poop either. No one better ruin that for me!!!

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
MrJorgensen said:
WinterDB said:
dmmj said:

Thank God! I'm still under the impression that women don't poop either. No one better ruin that for me!!!
Women poop. :D

MrJorgensen

5 Year Member
Indiana
Eweezyfosheezy said:
MrJorgensen said:
WinterDB said:
dmmj said:

Women poop. :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hallbomber

5 Year Member
Southern California
Any digestive system in any animal acts in similar ways. Yes torts pass gas, & blow out air when tucking into shell etc...

prokster17

5 Year Member
Its the sound of her going into the shell, its that poof... But it goes on all night....about a few times an hour. I also have three sulcatas and i sleep near them and none of my other tortoises make this sound. Im sure its my new leopard making it because it started when i got her. Is that normal for the sound to go on all night like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.