TORTOISE RESCUE NETWORK

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Yes, we need help...please.. only 2 of us here and so many torts here.... please... lol...

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Thalatte said:
Hello. I am in Yuma, Az and would be willing to travel to Phoenix and Tucson areas to pick up animals as well as foster them if needed. Also will be checking Craigslist for ads. It's wonderful that you guys are doing this.

Awww, great!!!!

Ripkabird98

5 Year Member
shellysmom said:
Thalatte said:
Hello. I am in Yuma, Az and would be willing to travel to Phoenix and Tucson areas to pick up animals as well as foster them if needed. Also will be checking Craigslist for ads. It's wonderful that you guys are doing this.

Awww, great!!!!

Could someone please answer my russian tortoise question? If it was bad I want to save it but if it looks good I don't want to waste my resources on something that doesn't need me.

Ripkabird98

5 Year Member
mainey34 said:
Russian? Where? If there was something about a Russian i would of known about it

Ugh. It got flagged. :-(

Sorry! If it shows up again ill post. Son't know why the link wasn't there...

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Ripkabird98 said:
mainey34 said:
Russian? Where? If there was something about a Russian i would of known about it

Where was it? I've seen Russians on Craigslist a few times, but they're usually in pretty good shape surprisingly.

Well, I just saw this.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/pet/3431122893.html

Does it look bad to everyone else?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Some pyramiding, but not real bad. They know it needs more room and are wanting adopters with knowledge. I think this would be a great one to work with the owner to give them proper information and this site for them to give out to new owners they may pick. Could let them know, that if they don't find what they feel is a good home, that this service is available for them to use and that you would find it a home.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
mainey34 said:
Not bad at all pyramiding there. But nothing like Charlie..

That's what I thought. When I hear back from them I will tell them about this site and suggest they try and have him adopted off here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Don't forget that we have a 30/30 rule. New members can't use the 'for sale' sections until they've been a member for 30 days or have made 30 posts.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
emysemys said:
Don't forget that we have a 30/30 rule. New members can't use the 'for sale' sections until they've been a member for 30 days or have made 30 posts.

Thank you! I forgot about that.

Ripkabird98

5 Year Member
mainey34 said:
Did not see anything on a russian. Maybe a redfoot?

Nope. It was a russian. Close to me.

Spn785 said:
emysemys said:

Well... I live in Missouri. Maybe I should email?...

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Ripkabird98 said:
mainey34 said:
Did not see anything on a russian. Maybe a redfoot?

Nope. It was a russian. Close to me.

Spn785 said:
emysemys said:

Well... I live in Missouri. Maybe I should email?...

I emailed, but haven't heard anything. What part of Missouri are you in?

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Spn785 said:
Ripkabird98 said:
mainey34 said:

Where was it? I've seen Russians on Craigslist a few times, but they're usually in pretty good shape surprisingly.

Well, I just saw this.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/pet/3431122893.html

Does it look bad to everyone else?

Meh... Looks okay, I guess. Has a little pyramiding, but not the wonky kind we see with MBD. I think as long as the sellers know he needs better than he currently has, that's a good sign. They want the buyers to understand what they're getting into. That's a very good sign. I'm not too worried about him. :)

Vegasarah

5 Year Member
http://austin.craigslist.org/pet/3466854462.html

Hard to see, the picture is pretty blurry but that shell does not look too good. I emailed the person just asking the age and if I could get some pictures from the top and the side of the tort. Best to start it out slow to get the info we need if it does end up being a rescue situation. I will let every know what I find out :)

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
I think I've seen this one somewhere on here this week. If not in this thread maybe it's in reposted ads?? I think someone else was emailing for more info also.