Tortoise Very Inactive-Please Help.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Well I think after Yvonne's post your only option is to grow stuff on your balcony.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Since I don't know the names of the veggies and greens sold in your country, I thought I would be smart and do a Google image search for "Produce stands in Amman". But now I see why you're having so much trouble finding the right kinds of food for your tortoise. All of the pictures that showed up in my search show the fruit, but not greens.

DSC_0976-1-ed-sm.jpg

Just more pictures like this one.

I'm sorry. I tried to help, but I'm at a loss as to what to tell you.
Thanks very much your help. The thing is that there is little or NO care for animals in all the Middle East. ( By the way it is not my country). NO vets for torts here. Food for cats, dogs, birds and fish is available at malls and supermarkets. But again NOTHING for torts! I was told not to waste time and energy looking for their food! Imagine, that when I asked 'Why?' I was told that nobody bothers with torts here, and that these animals prefer to live in the wild.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
She means that most green leafy things that people eat, could likely be eaten by your tortoise.
But there seems to be very little of that available.
How about vegetarian grocers?
Live plants that have edible leaves or flowers?
What a bad situation.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
She means that most green leafy things that people eat, could likely be eaten by your tortoise.
But there seems to be very little of that available.
How about vegetarian grocers?
Live plants that have edible leaves or flowers?
What a bad situation.
Much worse than any of you living in the West (be it Europe or the USA), would think.