tortoise's plastron is soft and black

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
As far as I know, medicines against parasites should be given twice (one dose kills living adult parasites, the second dose after some time kills newly hatched parasites before they lay new eggs).

Also it could be the other type of parasites (not worms but amoebas, for example) - if he was infested with both initially.

Definitely makes sense to make a fecal test once again.

jack0310

Hongkong
As far as I know, medicines against parasites should be given twice (one dose kills living adult parasites, the second dose after some time kills newly hatched parasites before they lay new eggs).

Also it could be the other type of parasites (not worms but amoebas, for example) - if he was infested with both initially.

Definitely makes sense to make a fecal test once again.
The vet informed me that the turtle would die soon and I asked to try treatment, now antibiotics and glucose and calcium injections

jack0310

Hongkong
The veterinarian said enteritis, so the parasites will not be treated for the time being, and the enteritis infection will be treated first.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Sorry for your loss. You did everything you could have done for your tortoise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw gee. That's so darned sad. You really tried your best. And it looked like he was getting better. I'm so sorry he didn't make it.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
We can all share this loss experience with you, as most of us have had bad stuff like this happen too. Thank you for your great efforts to save them.

Reactions: Ink

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I wonder if this may have been Cryptosporidium?

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Hate to hear this news, my condolences.

jack0310

Hongkong
The veterinarian did not check the turtle's feces, but only pointed out malnutrition and enteritis. In the past few days, it was in good spirits and had good appetite. However, its condition deteriorated very suddenly and quickly. I am very grateful for everyone's suggestions. Now I bury it in the my garden

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I'm so sorry - you did all you could, and tried so hard, but unfortunately these things happen.
My condolences
Angie