Treated Tap Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

megandrews

5 Year Member
Hey Guys--

We are going away for 2 days over this weekend, and leaving our new Greek alone. We have only had her for 2 weeks, and have been feeding her fresh greens everyday. She is an indoor tort, so we have our lights on a timer for when we turn them on and off daily, and I bought Zoo Med Grassland Tortoise Food for while we are gone (since her greens won't make it without shriveling up). On the bottle they advertise their water conditioner to make tap water safe for torts. Is tap water not safe for my tort??

rosie4posie

5 Year Member
I've been looking at the water conditioner too and wondering the same thing. I'll be curious to see what people have to say

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Regular tap water is all I know of anyone using. I have not heard of anyone using tap water conditioner. I, personally would not use it. See what others say.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I have a water softener as our tap water is ridiculously hard and we get limescale on everything.

Joe drinks the untreated water, as do we. In his case the excessive calcium carbonate can only be good. For us the soft water tastes awful, but doesn't leave limescale on the taps, pipes and in the toilet!

Look at it this way: Is your tap water safe for you to drink? If you answer yes then it is unlikely to do your tort any harm

Gus

5 Year Member
I alway have 6L of age water (at least 3days) for stand by for my tort!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.