Treats?

AmandaGal

Alex is growing well (I got him in September and he was 69 grams and today he was 179 grams, whoa. I weigh him once a week), but I think his diet of greens and Mazuri is pretty boring. I give him cucumbers and carrots every now and again and I do mix his greens up when I find something new. The sulcutas I used to work with used to get fruit occasionally (watermelon and berries). Not often, but every now and again we'd give them some. They loved it. Do you guys ever feed leopards fruit?

I found a thread that said sometimes pumpkin, but that's all I found.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Alex is growing well (I got him in September and he was 69 grams and today he was 179 grams, whoa. I weigh him once a week), but I think his diet of greens and Mazuri is pretty boring. I give him cucumbers and carrots every now and again and I do mix his greens up when I find something new. The sulcutas I used to work with used to get fruit occasionally (watermelon and berries). Not often, but every now and again we'd give them some. They loved it. Do you guys ever feed leopards fruit?

I found a thread that said sometimes pumpkin, but that's all I found.

I've never fed my leopards fruit, cucumbers or carrots. I say stick to the greens and Mazuri. Just my personal opinion, others could be different.

AmandaGal

Carrots and cucumbers were recommended here, but he doesn't really like carrots anyway. He'll push them around.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Carrots and cucumbers were recommended here, but he doesn't really like carrots anyway. He'll push them around.

I've seen people post it, I worry about the sugars in carrots and I hate the smell of cucumbers so I'm not messing with them. Lol... any pics of the growing little guy? Those are good steady growth numbers.

AmandaGal

Here's a quick shot of him on the day I got him and right now. Too cold for an outdoor glamour shot :)

20170111_045626391_iOS.jpg