up date on sissy and a sad week

Dragon

Location (City and/or State)
michagin
Hi guys, sorry i havent been on...A dear friend of the family ( more like a second dad to us kids) died the other day. He was 93 so he lived a good long life, but somehow that dosnt really make a difference. He was diagnosed with cancer about a month ago so my little sister moved in with him to take care of him until he died. I would have liked to of helped but with my health Id of been just another person for her to take care of.... So I wrote him lots of letters letting him know us kids were still here for him. My little brother went over a few times to help my sister and to see him but he works 3 jobs to make ends meet so couldnt be there like he would have liked to be either. But my sister assures us that he did know we cared and would be there physicaly if we could have. his services will be on thursday. He'll be creamated and then buried on his land next to his common law wife. So there all gone now, my mom and dad, him and his common law wife....its just us kids now.... some how your never really ready...even when you know there dying....We took care of both mom and dad until they died and now him....it s never easy.... Sissy is doing ok I think...still staying in her cave...we got a new themoter and i put the first lamp we had for her on with the other too..so its about 80 in her house now...it was only like 78 before...I'll have to see if we can get a higher watage bulb for first basking light and maybe we can get it warmer in there for her.... I think thats why she s been staying in her cave so much...she did come out to eat though. good thing its near the end of the month i ll get paid soon.. will just need to figure out how high a watage we need and then find someplace to buy a new bulb..... well its been a long day and I still have to call my sister and see what shed like me to bring over for after the services on thursday....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw, geez. . . that's so hard. My condolences.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Sorry for your loss.

Dragon

michagin
Thank you every one. We're all doing ok. just getting things around and settled. I remember my dad once saying the older you get the more death you see. In a way he was right. Having worked in the health field in nursing homes..I saw more death then the avage person, I think for me its the older you get the more death of loved ones you see. I didnt work as long as most people because of the ag....but i always broke the first and most important rule...do NOT get attatched to your pts.... No matter what role i played in each nursing home I ALWAYS got attatched to my people. I loved working with the old....they always had so much to teach and oh the wounderful stories they would tell...but as one woman once told me life is for the living....remember those who pass foundly embrance the pain of there loss then move on.... somehow its never quite that easy though ....so to warm and fond memires.... would proubly be better if i could spell it!! lol to make al smile tricia would first read the letters the way they were ment to be and then read them to him again the way I spelled them lol

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hi guys, sorry i havent been on...A dear friend of the family ( more like a second dad to us kids) died the other day. He was 93 so he lived a good long life, but somehow that dosnt really make a difference. He was diagnosed with cancer about a month ago so my little sister moved in with him to take care of him until he died. I would have liked to of helped but with my health Id of been just another person for her to take care of.... So I wrote him lots of letters letting him know us kids were still here for him. My little brother went over a few times to help my sister and to see him but he works 3 jobs to make ends meet so couldnt be there like he would have liked to be either. But my sister assures us that he did know we cared and would be there physicaly if we could have. his services will be on thursday. He'll be creamated and then buried on his land next to his common law wife. So there all gone now, my mom and dad, him and his common law wife....its just us kids now.... some how your never really ready...even when you know there dying....We took care of both mom and dad until they died and now him....it s never easy.... Sissy is doing ok I think...still staying in her cave...we got a new themoter and i put the first lamp we had for her on with the other too..so its about 80 in her house now...it was only like 78 before...I'll have to see if we can get a higher watage bulb for first basking light and maybe we can get it warmer in there for her.... I think thats why she s been staying in her cave so much...she did come out to eat though. good thing its near the end of the month i ll get paid soon.. will just need to figure out how high a watage we need and then find someplace to buy a new bulb..... well its been a long day and I still have to call my sister and see what shed like me to bring over for after the services on thursday....
I am so very sorry. I'm sure he really appreciated all your letters, and your sister caring for him - he knew he was loved.
Angie x

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I am sorry that you lost someone so close. Sometimes, we foolishly think that "if we're older", it will be easier to deal with. Then we find as get older, it doesn't. What matters is that you all gained, from the relationship that you had with him, and it sounds like he gained, the same back.

Memories are the forever virtual, "people books", that we take with us each day!