Update

OzzyGirl1980

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Our adoptee, Chi, was diagnosed with pneumonia and dehydration about 2 weeks ago now and is doing very well after a course of antibiotics and routine soakings. My question now that it seems she's out of the woods health wise...what should we expect for her as an adult size wise....she was raised too dry and definitely not fed appropriately. She's 4 yr old and only 3 pounds and has moderate pyramiding of the shell. Should we assume her growth will be stunted, or will she have a rapid catch up period now that she's receiving proper care?!

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I think she will start growing quickly. I believe that has happened to others who have rescued tortoises that weren't being kept in the right conditions.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Give your sully lots of food, love, long warm soaks, mazuri, good heat, high humidity!

Sad that he is so under weight, but lets hope with good husbandry, you can make a great life!

OzzyGirl1980

Ohio
Give your sully lots of food, love, long warm soaks, mazuri, good heat, high humidity!

Sad that he is so under weight, but lets hope with good husbandry, you can make a great life!

Where is the best place to get Mazuri???

OzzyGirl1980

Ohio

Mazuri arrived and do far she really seems to like it!