Vet visit questions

Rue

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
I agree...probably a hold over from being sick...and now he is getting back to normal. ..

CathyNed

5 Year Member
Mayo, Ireland
@Rue @Lyn W @JoesMum @Yvonne G @martaemha @Kori5
Got in touch with the vet who said that they are not kidney stones as they would have shown up on xray if they were. She said they were uric deposits that were working their way out of his system from before. She said not to worry if he is acting normal and keep up soaks etc...Phew...well done guys ye know ye're stuff!!

CathyNed

5 Year Member
Mayo, Ireland
Your vet is great!
She is very good. Im so glad I travelled the distance to bring him to her. She has been very helpful with after care and has been checking up with him every so often to see how hes doing. She has also responded very quickly to messages I have sent. Its very helpful. He is a different tort these days. So active and alert. He is on the go non stop. He is also walking much much better now and has started to lift his rear plastron again since I changed out the substrate. He had bark as substrate and i think he had learned to kind of skate or swim across the top of it no back legs required. Now with topsoil he is digging his feet in again and walking so much better. I cant believe the difference. Yes soil is a mess and it gets everywhere but the improvement is immense.

Rue

Canada
I think we would all enjoy a new, happy Ned photo! :D *poke*

martaemha

5 Year Member
Poland
I think that Ned has made a great improvement in a seemingly short (for torts and reptiles in general) time. You really do have a great vet. And I am so happy that he is walking again! This is such a great news!

CathyNed

5 Year Member
Mayo, Ireland
I think that Ned has made a great improvement in a seemingly short (for torts and reptiles in general) time. You really do have a great vet. And I am so happy that he is walking again! This is such a great news!
He is probably not completely out of the woods but he will definately eat his way out. He is definately much better in outward appearance and activities anyway but i suppose its hard to know whats going on under that shell. His walking is definately improving. I originally thought it was mbd but the more i see him walking on soil the more i think it was learned behaviour from not having to use his back legs. Hopefully now in the soil he will build up the muscle in his legs again his weight is staying put. Not going up or down. Id like him to put some weight on. He eas and eats but i suppose he us walking and more active now too. He is currently out enjoying the sunshine and eating my poor flowers to their stumps. Ive had to cover his favourites with flowerpots in the hopes they will recover....

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So pleased Ned is doing well - and looking so handsome too!!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
@Rue @Lyn W @JoesMum @Yvonne G @martaemha @Kori5
Got in touch with the vet who said that they are not kidney stones as they would have shown up on xray if they were. She said they were uric deposits that were working their way out of his system from before. She said not to worry if he is acting normal and keep up soaks etc...Phew...well done guys ye know ye're stuff!!
That's great news! Hope your tort is now better.