WE GOT A PIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
159 days in we got our first pip, 3 more in with it that are the same age. when this little guy decides to poke his head out I will get a picture. First hatchlings for this female

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Yes! Congratulations!

Are these Bigred's or Princess'?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's a day to celebrate, that's for sure! Congrats!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Thanks for all your support, I cant see his head yet just red dots on his leg. Today started out good got 2 calls from 2 different companies regarding work then I looked in the incubator and saw the pip. THEN I WENT TO WORK :( And realized why Im looking for work. Im home for lunch to check on these guys. you guys are the best

Redstrike said:
Yes! Congratulations!

Are these Bigred's or Princess'?

They are from princess - the gal with poo on her face

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
How exciting for you! I can't wait to see pictures.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
jrcrist4 said:
Congrats!! This is not helping my eagerness for my eggs to hatch, but im happy for you!!

How many you have in incubator and how long they been in. My little one is only showing leg right now, no head yet

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Right now I have 21 in the incubator with several of my females showing signs of potential egg laying, fingers crossed! The oldest eggs have been in there for 110 days, so hopefully I will have pips of my own by the end of next month!! :D
bigred said:
jrcrist4 said:
Congrats!! This is not helping my eagerness for my eggs to hatch, but im happy for you!!

How many you have in incubator and how long they been in. My little one is only showing leg right now, no head yet

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
jrcrist4 said:
Right now I have 21 in the incubator with several of my females showing signs of potential egg laying, fingers crossed! The oldest eggs have been in there for 110 days, so hopefully I will have pips of my own by the end of next month!! :D
bigred said:
jrcrist4 said:

Its pretty kool when they start hatching, You just never know what to expect. You are in prime redfoot country with the humidity where you live. How many females you have popping out eggs

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Yes, the weather is great with the humidity and all, we havent had temps lower than 39 the whole winter so its been very mild compared to the rest of the country.

My comment yesterday was quite spot on because today one of my new favorite females laid 3 perfect, large eggs!! I have a very large group of redfoots now because I just recently bought out a guy wanting to get out of redfoots and he gave me an absolutely fantastic deal. The female that laid was from his group which has only been in my care for a week and a half now, so I am quite ecstatic as you can quite imagine!
bigred said:
jrcrist4 said:
bigred said:
jrcrist4 said:

Its pretty kool when they start hatching, You just never know what to expect. You are in prime redfoot country with the humidity where you live. How many females you have popping out eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.