What cool/cute/amazing thing does YOUR tortoise do!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shama

5 Year Member
Heyy everyone.

I am Shama, from Kenya. I have a little Leopard Tortoise. She's a girl and her name is Kruger.

We live in a flat and she has the patio to herself. I think she's so cool because when I leave the French doors open, she will walk into the house as she pleases and walk around, exploring. And the coolest thing is I don't need to look for her because she will go back outside herself when she's satisfied. I'm so proud of my responsible little girl.

It would be nice to hear other stories. I'm sure all our tortoises have their own unique personalities! :tort:

Attachments

• 34727_10150660894727062_1520218033_n.jpg
    34727_10150660894727062_1520218033_n.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 158

Redari

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta, Canada
I saw a video on youtube of a guy who had trained his tortoise to come and to shake a paw. They said they used clicker trianing, which can be used on all sorts of animals from pigeons to sheep. If anyone has tried this please share! Imagine how cute it would be if your tortoise did shake a paw! I'm not sure mine is food motivated enough for it to work.

Yurusumaji

5 Year Member
The Mile High City
Mine climbs into his food bowl and clunks his shell up against the glass in the morning to let me know it's time to get up and feed him. He also appears to know which door takes him to the yard because whenever it's too cold and I let him out in the house he always goes to the door and kind of circles in front of it or lays next to it.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Mine scratches the walls of her enclosure with her claws when she's hungry or wants letting out. She's also pretty good at giving me puppy eyes ;) and also comes when called.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
My little leopard was born in Jan 2013 and already he does yoga. In this picture, after his morning poop.

Attachments

• baby beepee yogastretch.jpg
    baby beepee yogastretch.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 143

GilbertP24

5 Year Member
I have a Russian tortoise that plays games!
When I hold him up to look at him, I will wink and he will copy me with the same eye! Never misses a beat! :) we go on for 20 minutes at a time!

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Re: RE: What cool/cute/amazing thing does YOUR tortoise do!?

BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
My little leopard was born in Jan 2013 and already he does yoga. In this picture, after his morning poop.

LOL!!!! awwwwwwwww

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
That is a perfect child's pose:).

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Re: RE: What cool/cute/amazing thing does YOUR tortoise do!?

GilbertP24 said:
I have a Russian tortoise that plays games!
When I hold him up to look at him, I will wink and he will copy me with the same eye! Never misses a beat! :) we go on for 20 minutes at a time!

You should go on a talent show!

erica anne

5 Year Member
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:

Oh my gosh. That is adorable!!

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
I'm going to try to explain the best I can. On my iPhone when I take a picture you can hear a flash sound. When I sit outside with Sheldon he often comes up to me for a cuddle. I turn the camera on my phone on him and snap away. He will sit real still looking at it. Every time he hears that flash sound he turns his head slightly in all different ways. It's funny because its like he's posing :)

Also, if he's in his hide and hears my mom talking but can't see her he will tilt the side of his head up to hear her.

He also fallows me a lot :p

Krisowen

5 Year Member
Gilbert AZ
My gal will sit out front with us. I only allow her out our garage door inside our home so she never knows to get out the gate outside. She plays around us while we sit. She likes to investigate the front yard/garage and sit by our feet bobbing her head. During our out front time we will walk down the sidewalk to our neighbors front yard to munch on his grass and weeds. The neighbors who drive by can't get over how she just follows me everywhere and responds to my voice when I tell her 'no, turn around!'

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Fred, my 4 year old male sulcata will come to the side of his enclosure, indoor or out with the beckoning motion one does with the hand. Using the food response mechanism, I think I trained him to do this. It's handy when he's just out of my reach and I want to take him out or bring him in.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
I deleted a couple posts off this thread that were off topic. The OP started this thread to discuss cool things torts do. If you'd like to discuss a new topic, please start a new thread. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.