What MVB lighting do you use and which would you recommend?

Hrairoo

Location (City and/or State)
BC, Canada
After a lot of consideration, I think I have decided to get an MVB light for my future hermanni hatchling! Now, there are a lot of different brands, with a lot of different reviews and different levels in quality and reliability, and, I would like to hear your experiences with these lights, and which you would recommend, and those you would not recommend.

Hrairoo

BC, Canada
Do you have a petsmart around ?? There at petsmart or maybe any local pet store.

My isolated city has two small local pet stores, I will take a look in them to see if I find one, how I highly doubt I will. Do you have any experience with either of these two MVB bulbs?

dannylozano10

San Antonio,tx
Do you have any experience with either of these two MVB bulbs?

I don't personally but @Tom recommends the zoomed powersun mvb bulb. And he seems to know what he's talking about so I trust him.:) but if you do buy any mvb bulb once it's on for a while and you turn it off it won't turn back on for a small amount of time just for cool down purposes just a heads up!

Hrairoo

BC, Canada
I don't personally but @Tom recommends the zoomed powersun mvb bulb. And he seems to know what he's talking about so I trust him.:) but if you do buy any mvb bulb once it's on for a while and you turn it off it won't turn back on for a small amount of time just for cool down purposes just a heads up!

Thanks for the heads up! I don't wanna mess up any bulbs!

DutchieAmanda

5 Year Member
Netherlands
Be careful to use a self-ballasted bulb. The're also bulbs that need a ballast in the fixture, they won't work in a normal one (yes, I tried...)

M

Maggie Cummings

100 watt Powersun.....100% Do not get a spiral or curled bulb, tubes don't have enough UVB. Buy them on line usually about $50, DON'T get one in a pet store. I have never had a problem with Powersun, but I have blinded Sulcata yearling with those spiral bulbs. You'll also need a ceramic base on the hood cuz those bulbs get hot. I realize I am not Tom, but I do have experience with tortoises. And with the damage some lights can do.....

Hrairoo

BC, Canada
100 watt Powersun.....100% Do not get a spiral or curled bulb, tubes don't have enough UVB. Buy them on line usually about $50, DON'T get one in a pet store. I have never had a problem with Powersun, but I have blinded Sulcata yearling with those spiral bulbs. You'll also need a ceramic base on the hood cuz those bulbs get hot. I realize I am not Tom, but I do have experience with tortoises. And with the damage some lights can do.....

Thank you! Sorry to hear about your yearling... but the warning is appreciated