What's your strangest dream or dreams?

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
Me either.
I'm a very large man. With a completely irrational fear for them.
When I was 19 I lived with 3 guy roommates in a crappy apartment and we had those tube lights in the kitchen with that cheap screen and they thought it would be funny to put a fake roach up there. I screamed like a baby and was trapped in the kitchen until they took it out. They got a really good laugh. I bet Tom would too lol.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
When I was 19 I lived with 3 guy roommates in a crappy apartment and we had those tube lights in the kitchen with that cheap screen and they thought it would be funny to put a fake roach up there. I screamed like a baby and was trapped in the kitchen until they took it out. They got a really good laugh. I bet Tom would too lol.
@Tom loves roaches.
He nearly talked me into starting up a colony for my Chameleons.
Nearly.
Luckily they became illegal in Florida at about that time.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
@Tom loves roaches.
He nearly talked me into starting up a colony for my Chameleons.
Nearly.
Luckily they became illegal in Florida at about that time.
I would have nightmares for the rest of my life! My fear is totally irrational as well, but I will actually cry. My friend in college had to keep a hissing cockroach for a class and my boyfriend at the time chased me with it in the critter keeper and I had an involuntary reaction and kicked him when he sat on me with it in his hand.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I would have nightmares for the rest of my life! My fear is totally irrational as well, but I will actually cry. My friend in college had to keep a hissing cockroach for a class and my boyfriend at the time chased me with it in the critter keeper and I had an involuntary reaction and kicked him when he sat on me with it in his hand.
Yep! It doesn't matter that it won't hurt you. The panic is there anyway.

When we got married, my husband and I made a pact, (in addition to our vows), that we would never prank each other re' our phobias. He was responsible for big bug obliteration, and I was responsible for snake removal. Over the years he was kept busier than me, but my services were occasionally required.

We were a pair...he would come by with some 6 or 8 legged monstrosity in a kleenex and I would run, squealing, as far away as I could get. Then I would be holding some poor harmless snake to go release it, and he would squeal and take off.

It's been a year...oh how I miss him! ? ??

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city

When we got married, my husband and I made a pact, (in addition to our vows), that we would never prank each other re' our phobias. He was responsible for big bug obliteration, and I was responsible for snake removal. Over the years he was kept busier than me, but my services were occasionally required.

We were a pair...he would come by with some 6 or 8 legged monstrosity in a kleenex and I would run, squealing, as far away as I could get. Then I would be holding some poor harmless snake to go release it, and he would squeal and take off.

I'm sorry ?

It sounds like you were a great team. Very well balanced. My husband rescues me from all those as well.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I bet they had some strange dreams after that! :eek:
Yea. A doc I met later in life wanted to hear every detail. By the time I tried to tell my true story we were worn out. From rolling on the floor! Laughing out loud!!! I'm sorry I gave my resident a trial by fire. Poor guy. Sometimes, even if you're little,...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have this recurring dream that im in a room ( i cant remember the name of it) all i remember is everybody owns torts. There are illegal activities like selling incandescent light bulbs and this lady named maggie that chases me with a hammer ? There are pics of tort poop everywhere! And ppl asking to identify species? i wake up in a cold sweat screaming.
😜

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I’ll start!😁

Here’s my first contribution. Ever since I was a little girl I’ve been able to lucid dream, I honestly just thought it was the norm and something everyone could do.. if I was ever having a dream of being in school or something, I’d talk to my classmates like “I’ll be able to see you in the waking world tomorrow, it’s weird your dreamworld self won’t remember”
There’s been times I’ve had a falling out with someone and talked it through with them in a dream, knowing full well it wasn’t really them. They’d say things like “I know right now I’m just in your head, but I know my waking self would be sorry, please talk to us” and the next day we’d always sort it out.

Even when I’m lucid, I will sometimes struggle to control the scenario itself, but I’ll be conscious it’s a dream. My earliest memory of being able to control a situation though, is when I’d get scared in a dream, I’d say right that’s it I’m starting my waking process, in the dream I’d close my eyes real tight, and feel myself drifting, I’d go through this strange oil slick rainbow tunnel thing and 9/10 I’d wake up. Sometimes I’d have a false awakening and I’d ‘wake’ in my bed, knowing something is off right away so I’d have to repeat the process, that usually did the trick and I’d wake for real.

Back when I was proper young, I used to visit what I’d call my ‘dream mom’ which straight up sounds like coraline looking back🤣she wasn’t creepy though, she was just like my mom irl. One night, I was dreaming me and dream mom were sat together on the sofa, she seemed really sad though for some reason, I started to feel myself levitating from the couch, which usually meant I was going to start to wake up, I started saying bye and that I’d come back soon, but she started sobbing and holding onto my legs, she told me she desperately wanted me to stay because once I left, I wasn’t going to ever see her again, I’d told her if I stayed, my real mom would miss me, she said she understood and reluctantly let go, said she’s always love me and wished me well in life. I woke up crying myself🥲strange thing is, even though I’ve had many dreams since with my mom in, I could tell it wasn’t ’dream mom’, I never saw her again☹️weird sh*t😬

I have many many more weird instances like that over the years if anyone wants me to continue haha😄