Who are Florida members?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm in Florida, but not in harms way cause I'm in the panhandle and west of the capital, Tallahassee. But, I returned on the forum after nearly a year because I fear for the Aldabraman. He has a farm on the south west side of the peninsula. How does he move those animals to higher grounds? With the projected winds and storm surge, will his animals be safe? Has anyone heard from Greg?
Way back when I joined he mentioned a place in Ohio he evacuates too. I'm assuming he has done that, although I don't know if he still has that place available.
I haven't seen him on for a bit.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I heard it was downsized to a 3. Still nasty, but better then a 5. Hopefully it keeps downsizing and like ZEROPILOT said, hoes on out to sea.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Right now, the panhandle looks like it's directly in Wednesdays path.
But it should be much weaker by then.
The storm will gather some strength in the Florida straights. It's moving slower forward right now. Right in that hot water. Ideal for recovery before it hits the mainland west and south of here.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Way back when I joined he mentioned a place in Ohio he evacuates too. I'm assuming he has done that, although I don't know if he still has that place available.
I haven't seen him on for a bit.
Aha!!!! :) That makes sense! :)
I wonder how you evacuate a bunch of aldabras?!?!? ;)

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
West is good, way west is even better for us on the FL east coast. Aldabras are probably pros at hunkering. They carry their own bunker. As for me, my RF's are tub manageable. Just have to listen to their scratching for a day or two. Good luck and safety to everybody.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
West is good, way west is even better for us on the FL east coast. Aldabras are probably pros at hunkering. They carry their own bunker. As for me, my RF's are tub manageable. Just have to listen to their scratching for a day or two. Good luck and safety to everybody.
And the smell.
Mine started pooping the moment they hit the totes.

Foursteels

5 Year Member
South Florida
I'm in Palm Beach County (Jupiter). Since the storm has changed its path it should be tolerable here. Just brought Vlad inside though since I let him out of pen and he headed for the door, which he's never done before.