Winter diet plan

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
This is Franklin's 3rd winter with me, the last 2 we've don't the grocery greens shuffle, which has worked but I know its not the best solution since the weeds outside are better.

Today I went out to pick weeds for Nank (adult Russian) and they have now all developed the white and pink mold I've been avoiding, so currently Nank is most likely sitting at home staring at his food dish mad that nothings been left, I'm getting greens on the way home today to offer him dinner instead. I'm going to start adding in my zoomed grassland tort food to supplement, but how easy is it to grow weeds inside? We have a porch that's 4 seasons, and while its not heated it never hits below freezing and its actually where my cactus lives, so if I plant dandelion and clover seeds I've saved will they grow fine in the cold with window sun?

Also about feedings: I feed Nank once a day in the morning, but as a Russian he pigs out and pretty much eats until its gone by mid-day, should I be feeding once in the morning and another when I get home? or is he just a piggy Russian and actually fine? He's grown in the time he's been with me and active, but I just want to make sure i'm not starving him or anything since he likes to act it.

Flipper

Location (City and/or State)
MO, USA
I like this thread a lot as this is my first winter with my little Tallula :) I plan to grow some weeds for her and use grow lights and give Mazuri a couple times per week too. I also have some dried weeds/flowers from tortoise supply that I sprinkle on her favorite grocery green. But I'd like to know different options :)