Would You Believe It!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
We hope he likes them Angie.

MaNaAk
Please tell Jacky and Daisy that although Zola was very suspicious at first, he did eat some when I put them on top of his normal food, and I have now given him some more. So thank you for encouraging him I am always glad if he widens his experience - but, as you know, you can't force a tortoise to do anything !!!
Angie

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I am sorry the vet thinks Daisy needs an operation. Will you see your vet again first? How does he suggest Daisy gets fitter? Regular pushing Jacky exercises might help !
What would the operation involve?
Zola and I both send our love and best wishes
Angie x

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
I am sorry the vet thinks Daisy needs an operation. Will you see your vet again first? How does he suggest Daisy gets fitter? Regular pushing Jacky exercises might help !
What would the operation involve?
Zola and I both send our love and best wishes
Angie x
They need to see whether she has an infection and she needs anti-inflammatory medication as the lump on her neck is an inflammation. She will need to be spayed and I suppose that they may think that the lump on her bone may need to be removed. When the vet was saying that they need to get her fitter incase she needs an operation it reminded me of mum's final illness when the consultant said that they need to get her fit for a heart transplant. I just think that Daisy was in this family before I was but she is under a vet so she'll get what's needed.

MaNaAk

zolasmum

5 Year Member
It must all be pretty overwhelming for you - I'm so sorry - I am thinking of you a lot and I wish I could help somehow.
But Daisy is getting on well, isn't she, and eating lots, so she will be in pretty good condition for any treatment. Your family would be proud of how well she and Jacky are doing - thanks to your care.
Love from Angie and Zola xx

MaNaAk

Southend
It must all be pretty overwhelming for you - I'm so sorry - I am thinking of you a lot and I wish I could help somehow.
But Daisy is getting on well, isn't she, and eating lots, so she will be in pretty good condition for any treatment. Your family would be proud of how well she and Jacky are doing - thanks to your care.
Love from Angie and Zola xx
Thankyou you two. Did you enjoy any carrots Zola?

MaNaAk, Jacky and Daisy

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Angie, @zolasmum ,
My apologies to Zola for mis-writing his name . .

"Seymour is a Leopard Tort, He has some pyramiding, as I had not found this site when he was younger. But, he's active, eats well, get's his soaks, and is a dang sneaker. In another thread someone mentioned that they have the memory of an elephant (I think it was @maggie3fan) and I know this to be true. He knows how to find the screen door, and push his way out (I have since reinstalled the latch), I will put him in the back of the patio, which is like an obstacle course, and he now knows how to navigate that, to get out into the back yard and wander. But he's a good boy, and his care gives me a lot of love. As I'm sure can be said about Jacky, Daisy, & dear Lola . ."

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Just want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts especially Zola, Seymour and Sapphire.

Daisy

PS: MaNaAk says my mouth is green due to eating greens!
Dear Daisy - of course we are thinking of you - and I'm sure you look very attractive with a green mouth !
So far, the carrot tops have not appealed to me that much - ! expect Angie will give me some more today to try. At least we had a nice drive trying to find them, and saw some baby swallows as well !
It is raining here this morning, and I think we will just do our usual drive to the sea - I can always sit in my dad's jacket and look out at the waves, even if it is raining hard - I don't mind getting a bit of rain on my nose.
Love from Zola x

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Daisy - of course we are thinking of you - and I'm sure you look very attractive with a green mouth !
So far, the carrot tops have not appealed to me that much - ! expect Angie will give me some more today to try. At least we had a nice drive trying to find them, and saw some baby swallows as well !
It is raining here this morning, and I think we will just do our usual drive to the sea - I can always sit in my dad's jacket and look out at the waves, even if it is raining hard - I don't mind getting a bit of rain on my nose.
Love from Zola x
That's nice Zola we've had our drowning session and now we're outside in the pet play pen as it's overcast. I have made myself a bed in the leaves but madam is pacing about and doesn't believe that we will be allowed on to the courtyard later.

MaNaAk

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dear Jacky, Daisy and Zola and anyone else that will listen,
Mommy dearest is being a Pita. It's been over cast, cold and all but I wanted to be outside. She wouldn't let me. Get well soon Daisy
Sincerely

Sapphire 🐢

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Sapphire,

Are you able to get out today? Are you able to get yourself? We were reading about a tortoise called Houdini who could do just that.

Jacky and Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Sapphire,

Are you able to get out today? Are you able to get yourself? We were reading about a tortoise called Houdini who could do just that.

Jacky and Daisy
Dear Jacky and Daisy, - please don't encourage Sapphire to do silly things - I am sure Cathy would't appreciate it - and don"t try anything yourself. You two are extremely precious family heirlooms.
Zola x