Wrinkled bottom shell

Skekmal

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I have had this greek desert tortoise for about 3 years now (got it from a friend who had it for about 10) and do not recall the bottom of his shell being wrinkled like this. The shell does not feel soft and I am unsure if he had it before (keep in mind I do not look at the bottom of his shell too often). What could cause this and do I need to be concerned? I can provide additional details or photos if needed.

20220211_150759_2.jpg

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I have had this greek desert tortoise for about 3 years now (got it from a friend who had it for about 10) and do not recall the bottom of his shell being wrinkled like this. The shell does not feel soft and I am unsure if he had it before (keep in mind I do not look at the bottom of his shell too often). What could cause this and do I need to be concerned? I can provide additional details or photos if needed.

View attachment 340432
Those "wrinkles" are completely normal and the inside part of growth rings that form as a tortoise grows. The outside parts of the growth rings are just worn down so you don't see them.