You sure you want a sully?

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USDA Zone 4a+
Odin went into his burrow and decided he did not want to come out.

Odin is all of 3/4 of a pound and between 4-5 inches long. My son is @ 6"4 and 210 pounds.

Odin nearly won.096.JPG 099.JPG 101.JPG 102.JPG 103.JPG 105.JPG 107.JPG 108.JPG

Honestly, if my son hadn't pried the paver stone out of the dirt, Odin may still be outside........

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
What's more amazing, is your son is 6"4. But doesn't look it:p:D
And just think, Odin isn't no where near adulthood:eek:

When he stands next to me he sure does...stupid giant kids....:mad:

In the last pic, looks like your son is giving Odin a nice talking too
He was. I was kicking back, sipping my refreshing adult beverage, taking pictures and laughing.
You know that old parenthood phrase/curse "I hope someday you get one just like you!"
He did. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You missed it on my post about how tall your son is. In your thread, you said your son was 6"(inches)4. Not 6'(feet)4. The (") is wrong. LOL, okay, joke didn't work
That old say, oh yea, I say that to my son all the time LOL

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
You missed it on my post about how tall your son is. In your thread, you said your son was 6"(inches)4. Not 6'(feet)4. The (") is wrong. LOL, okay, joke didn't work
That old say, oh yea, I say that to my son all the time LOL
Ha! I totally missed that! But it would make more sense since I always call him little guy. :D

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Poor Odin, remind him that he would have won if your son hadn't 'cheated' and lifted the stone. You wouldn't want him to be embarrassed by having lost.

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
Poor Odin, remind him that he would have won if your son hadn't 'cheated' and lifted the stone. You wouldn't want him to be embarrassed by having lost.

Odin knows the boy cheated, and a tortoise always gets his revenge......always.:eek:
Oh oh!! Better not let the enclosure nazis see your pics. With that "non-approved" open fencing they will "rip you a new one"!

You've been warned!

-Dutch
Not sure to whom you are referring, or why anyone here would take issue with Odin's playpen, but I assure you I have had no new ones ripped.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Tuleo has been doing this very same thing when I bring him in at night. He is impossible to retrieve and he isn't even in a hide all the way. He has made himself a little trench with his butt sank lower than his head, that is nice and muddy. Trying to grab him is a joke! He plants his legs and makes no attempt to help me. He's only 5lbs!

I keep looking at your photos totally admiring your grass....LOL

Stalking TFO, looking at photos of grass. :cool:

#thestruggleisreal

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Just wait until he's this big !(see picture) This is Harry my killer attack Tortoise ! He's 80 lbs . If he doesn't want to do something he's not doing it . haha

Attachments

• 1441204482820.jpg
    1441204482820.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 34

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
Tuleo has been doing this very same thing when I bring him in at night. He is impossible to retrieve and he isn't even in a hide all the way. He has made himself a little trench with his butt sank lower than his head, that is nice and muddy. Trying to grab him is a joke! He plants his legs and makes no attempt to help me. He's only 5lbs!

Odin does the same thing no matter where he ends up, but when he gets in his hide lately it is game over! There are some small tree roots in there and he somehow fuses his tiny legs with those and the ground. I have given up trying to pry him out, so when he goes in there I call the boy to deal with it.

I keep looking at your photos totally admiring your grass....LOL

Stalking TFO, looking at photos of grass. :cool:

#thestruggleisreal
It is real! I stalk the photos of the outdoor hides and enclosures endlessly. Wishing and planning and dreaming.......

Just wait until he's this big !(see picture) This is Harry my killer attack Tortoise ! He's 80 lbs . If he doesn't want to do something he's not doing it . haha

Harry is a good looking tort, and obviously a force to be reckoned with. II wouldn't tangle with him!

TSchadel

Kansas
Great pictures! Awesome garden - bet it's all for Odin too! How have you been Gma? Nice looking son too btw;)

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
Great pictures! Awesome garden - bet it's all for Odin too! How have you been Gma? Nice looking son too btw;)
You know it is! I planted it with with the express purpose of feeding the Mighty Odin, and it has not disappointed! We have gotten some salad greens, some herbs and one very large zucchini, but as of yet not a single squash, or melon. :(
Which of course is totally okay with me. I have a human garden elsewhere in the yard. :D

I'm great, you?

Thanks, I think so! That is my baby, the oldest is off living in another state having graduated college last year, and the middle one is off in another state being a Marine (ooh rah!!) and the "adopted" one (Army reserve) is looking for his own place.
So close to an empty nest I can almost taste it!

TSchadel

Kansas
The garden sounds Yummy!!! That's my project for next summer - getting an outside space ready for Irwin. I have a dog house that's just itching to become a tort house! Lol
Girl - don't be trying to taste any empty nest - it will NEVER happen for you!!! You shouldn't have been such a good momma - they won't be gone long! My daughter is off working at Disney World for a semester - I actually had the empty nest plate IN FRONT OF ME. She texted me the other day that when she was done in DW - she was coming home for a semester to see what she 'really' wants to do with the rest of her life!:eek::confused::eek::confused:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm surpassed Odin didn't win. Must have been some soft dirt or something… :)

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
she was coming home for a semester to see what she 'really' wants to do with the rest of her life!:eek::confused::eek::confused:

EEK! That is a parents worst nightmare!

I'm surprised Odin didn't win. Must have been some soft dirt or something… :)
I think once Odin hits the one pound mark, it will be game on! He's got the eye of the tiger, the kid doesn't stand a chance!

Reactions: Tom

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Haha, Steve does that all the time. At this point, we know he's hiding under his little paver cave when we look for him at the end of the day. It's funny seeing how far he gets burrowing into the clay -- not very. XD

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
Haha, Steve does that all the time. At this point, we know he's hiding under his little paver cave when we look for him at the end of the day. It's funny seeing how far he gets burrowing into the clay -- not very. XD
Odin has several favorite hiding spots around the playpen, but the burrow under the paver is by far the most difficult one to retrieve him from. Such a stubborn little bugger!