2010 South African Leopard Thread.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Ben is the only person, other than my source, that is producing real, genuine, 100% verifiable Gpp.

Mao, if you find one cheap, I would be very suspicious.

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan
Tom said:
Ben is the only person, other than my source, that is producing real, genuine, 100% verifiable Gpp.

Mao, if you find one cheap, I would be very suspicious.

FYI-Ben is not producing. He is selling **** Bartlet's.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My bad. You are right. I've been told that before.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Who is Bartlet? Should I go through him or Jeff Gee? I now it's my decision but just curious who would you go with ?:D

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan
coreyc said:
Who is Bartlet? Should I go through him or Jeff Gee? I now it's my decision but just curious who would you go with ?:D

Have you read many reptile books?

You can only get ****'s Leopards from Ben. I have two from Ben and I am very happy with them and Ben's service. Jeff's service sucked when I tried buying from him.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
kbaker said:
coreyc said:

Have you read many reptile books?

You can only get ****'s Leopards from Ben. I have two from Ben and I am very happy with them and Ben's service. Jeff's service sucked when I tried buying from him.
didn't realize it was the same guy drrrrrrrrrrrr :p

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
My two G.p.ps has been staying warm and growing! Outside it's a frozen wasteland; inside their enclosure it's warm and humid. They are part of Tom's experiment, but of course they just think this is their life and I'm just taking the best care of them that I can. Without further delay, here are the girls!

Molly (or as my student Mario calls her, "The Lovely Molly.")

100_0324.jpg

Maggie, the shier of the two.

100_0329.jpg

Thanks for looking. These little guys are fun!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, Edna: those babies are beautiful! I LOVE that they have so much of the lighter color on them. Mine are both very dark.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
emysemys said:
Oh, Edna: those babies are beautiful! I LOVE that they have so much of the lighter color on them. Mine are both very dark.

Thank you Yvonne. Does the light vs. dark color come from nature or nurture? Or do we know? It will be interesting to see how they all look when they're a year old.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Edna, they look absolutely perfect. Only a couple of mine look THAT perfect. The ones that I called the "littles" that hatched the day that I went to pick them up. They were only in the breeders dry routine for an hour or so and then I soaked them before I even drove home. I think yours were in that batch, along with two or three of my remaining ones. I think KLearned got the last of that bunch and that's why his is a little smaller too. Some of the other ones were with the breeder for a week or two before I picked them up.

The seams between the scutes on yours are smooth and flawless. When they get older you will be posting the first pics of perfectly smooth, non-wild-caught, leopards. I've seen good ones, but never perfect ones. Very exciting stuff.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
coreyc said:
Wow has he changed how much does he weigh? :cool:

When I weighed him last week he was around 104 grams, definitely a big change since this...
tico057p1.jpg

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
ticothetort2 said:
coreyc said:
Wow has he changed how much does he weigh? :cool:

When I weighed him last week he was around 104 grams, definitely a big change since this...
tico057p1.jpg

[/qu
He has really marbled up nice :) he huge:D mine looks tiny compared to him now what's he on protein shakes:D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That just can't be the same tortoise! He looks great! I think all of yours are looking better than mine. You guys must be caring for them better than me. Come on. Fess up. What's the secret?