African Spur

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Can we have an update on what is happening with this beauty?
Patsy

Jenn1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fernley Nevada
Still waiting for the vet to decide.
And waiting for the weather to get warmer

swatz

5 Year Member
FL
Have you allready found a home? I have a sulcata i adopted a few years ago and would love to have another. I have ample outdoor space here in Florida.Please let me know.I hope it works out either way............................................................................................................................
Yesterday I went to my vet,and she told me someone brought this tort in.Its was almost on deaths door.
The guy wanted to give it to a school,and wanted to have it checked out first.His intentions were good,but he didnt know how to take proper care of it.
She started the exam,the shell was very soft,and the tort could not walk,and was thin and looked to be dehydrated..And there's pyramiding
She did a fecal,it was loaded with perisites.She did a blood test,calcium deficiency.
Shes had him for 9 months now and hes doing great.He will be ready for a new home in a few more months.
The animal ark here is to full and cant except him.
The vet is willing to ship,Also you need proof as to housing out doors and the proper care needed to provide for this tort.
Heres some pictures,
003.jpg

002.jpg

001-2.jpg

[/quote]

Jenn1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Fernley Nevada
Im waiting for her to call me back later and I'll let everyone know.
Sorry all,shes a very busy vet.

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Texas/Cal.
Jenn1 said:
Im waiting for her to call me back later and I'll let everyone know.
Sorry all,shes a very busy vet.

May be this vet should have a competition, just pick a subject and have all potential adopters to write about it, then she and you or a committee to select out the best, otherwise, I don't see how she will decide easily on this matter. Just MHO:cool: Good luck everyone.

Minh

chloe_5937

5 Year Member
awwww she is pretty. And clean!!!! My guy is always dirty looking. That sand and soil mix. yikes. even her rear is shiny clean. not Buddah! Hes a filthy 22 lbs. hahahahaha...well not filthy..but pretty dirty.

swatz

5 Year Member
FL
Hello. my name is shaun and I live in central Florida. I adopted my sulcata "tommie G" about 3 years ago.He also was in fairly bad shape coming from New Jersey.Anyways he is doing great now.I have a large yard that is open grazing for him and would love to be able to help your beatiful tort as well.I went through turtle homes when I adopted Tommie G. So I understand the importance of providing a good home.Me and my wife would love to help.Anyways thank you for consideration. Sincerely , Shaun Ohern

Jenn1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Fernley Nevada
Well the vet finally called me.
She doesn't want to ship him to far.So some one that lives close to Reno Nevada has a chance to adopt him.
Sorry for all the inconvenience.
Shes waiting to her back from a sanctuary in California,but there pretty full right now.
I got her email address. If your close to Reno and want to adopt,email me your info and I will email it to her.
And thanks to every one for your patience,and wanting to help adopt him

Jenn1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Fernley Nevada
Also forgot to add,
She will want to call you,for an interview over the phone

Jenn1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Fernley Nevada
I have sent the vet everyone's info on here that is willing to take the tort.
She doesn't respond to my emails or my phone calls.
I'm not buggin her,only sent 2 emails and 2 phone calls.
The last time I talked to her,she sounded hesitant.
So I think Ive done what I can.And I'm done. :(

aluras

10 Year Member!
Thats kinda wierd, Does she think the girl will be able to live in the office for the rest of her life? That just seems unfair to the sulcata IMO. But im not a vet. Please keep us updated if at all possiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.