Any one collect anything?

Erik Elvis

Location (City and/or State)
Delaware

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
Very cool. I wish I was good at modeling. It looks like you are. I find it kinda sad that those poor battleships were all but obsolete by WW2. The Bismarck went out once and was done for. And it’s sister ship sat in a Norwegian fiord and did virtually nothing before she was sunk.
There are still quite a few ships that you can visit in museum form, which I highly recommend. I've personally been able to visit the USS Massachusetts, the USS Lionfish, and the USS Salem. They are pretty incredible to see in person. Photos do not capture the sheer size of them.

If you want to start modeling, I would recommend starting with a plane or a tank (I started with a 1/48 B-25 bomber) as they do not have as many tiny pieces to break or lose. Just give it a go if you are interested. The startup cost is pretty low, maybe $15 for the model, and then a few bucks for paint and paintbrushes.

Erik Elvis

Delaware
I’d love to go see a couple battleships. It’s amazing we built these massive floating guns. I do want to see the u-boat in Chicago. It’s on my bucket list. I’d imagine that thing is priceless

Erik Elvis

Delaware
I collect old motorcycles and parts.
Unfortunately I don't have the room I need in my 1 car garage.
I have a 2011 Harley ultra limited. Don’t ride it much anymore. I’m thinking of getting rid of it to get a 2012/13 corvette

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You may be able to help me. Do you know what this is ?View attachment 246094 I picked this up a couple days ago for my grand daughter in Colorado that has a nice rock collection.
Thats is Amethyst. Colorado is known for a lot of crystals. Here's one of mine20180724_225335.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You may be able to help me. Do you know what this is ?View attachment 246094 I picked this up a couple days ago for my grand daughter in Colorado that has a nice rock collection.
If you soak it in a bucket of Oxalic acid mixed with water for about 24hrs some of that orange stain around the base will come off. You can get it at Wal-Mart.

N

no one

I collect books. I used to work in a bookstore. Before (my) bookstore had to close, because of the internet. Love "reading" from since before I even could read a letter. Lol
But as I get older, my collection changes. Some books don't fit me anymore. So I give them away. I don't like to own a lot of stuff.
Oh, I do like to collect nice pictures of Tortoises. My husband prints them for me on paper sometimes.

But most of all I collect Moments... My favourite part of the day is giving my Tortoises a bath. Every day... *smile*

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Thanks for the info, would that acid affect the train ? I'm not 100% sure but i believe it's pewter.
I don't think so. Its used to clean many things. They use it to clean silver china so I think it be fine.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't think so. Its used to clean many things. They use it to clean silver china so I think it be fine.
But he doesn't have to submerge the whole unit. Just sit it in the solution up to the top of the discoloration. ???