Big Bertha Doing Great

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hopefully they find something this time . It's got to be some kind of parasite . Maybe lime disease from a tick or something ?

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
No parasites. No organ failure. Blood count and advanced blood work being sent out.
Another X ray.
She's sending her home with antibiotics that I must inject. Some sort of issue found there.
Good news that no organ failure, hopefully the blood tests/xray will show what's going on when the results are back.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
No organ failure is good. Maybe with this bloodwork you will
get this mystery solved and atleast know what your dealing with.
Hang in there Bertha !

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
The antibiotic is Fortaz. One shot every three days.
The vet says she is too bad off to wait until Thursday when the results come back.
X ray just showed that she is full of food. That part is good.
How often are you force feeding Her? Doesn't she have a traciotmy tube in correct? If she's not active and moving I'd limit the feedings heavily. Fortaz is a good general antibiotic. It's most effective when the core temp is at 80-85. Heat up a blanket and wrap it around her. That may also aid in passing excrement too. She could be getting sepsis. Does she deficate/urinate much since she's been force fed?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
She's tube fed with an Esophagostomy tube. Not force fed through the mouth. The temps are at least 85 degrees inside the room where she is recovering and outside in the isolation pen.
Since she started eating eleven days in a row, she has been pooping. She still is pooping. Just no longer eating and the vet has told me to limit the tube feedings to JUST Pedialite and no food. She also gets a daily soak.
Is not feeding during treatment normal?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Oh, She's pooping! It's the only sign that the lights are still on in there. She raises up and her tail comes out and goes back and forth and there is another one!
She ate for eleven days in a row and it was mostly Mazuri and dog food. It's all she would eat. So I let her.