California fires-

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I think @Tom does. I hope his property is okay.

I don't but I need to travel to LA next week, and I'm worried. It was burning right next to the freeway.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
One of the fires is a few miles away from me, but none of my properties are in immediate danger right now. The heavy winds are even blowing the smoke out to sea, so if it won't for the news, we wouldn't even know.

My friend's place burned to the ground though. Nothing left. They are devastated.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
One of the fires is a few miles away from me, but none of my properties are in immediate danger right now. The heavy winds are even blowing the smoke out to sea, so if it won't for the news, we wouldn't even know.

My friend's place burned to the ground though. Nothing left. They are devastated.
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine.

Nessa

5 Year Member
Arcadia, CA

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Because I live in a cave (or sometimes under a bridge) I hadn't heard of these fires until Entertainment Tonight last night when they were talking about all the movie stars that were having to leave their homes. The shots they showed of the fire area were just devastating to look at. Terrible stuff.

Does anyone know how this SoCal fire started?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Anyone heard how the Behler Center is doing? One of the fire is within blocks of their place last I saw.

They had a Facebook post yesterday saying the fire was within 20 feet of the center. About an hour ago they posted a video of what looked like a structure burning from a neighbors property.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
They had a Facebook post yesterday saying the fire was within 20 feet of the center. About an hour ago they posted a video of what looked like a structure burning from a neighbors property.
WOW! I just checked and they have evacuated many and over 20 endangered species - and last night an currently have 20 firefighters stationed at the center to try to keep a perimeter!

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
The Lilac Fire in San Diego County is a few miles north of me. We did have some smoke and ash fall here. I spent last night and most of this morning helping family and friends transport horses, and other pets, to the Del Mar Fairgrounds.

Nessa

5 Year Member
Arcadia, CA
The Lilac Fire in San Diego County is a few miles north of me. We did have some smoke and ash fall here. I spent last night and most of this morning helping family and friends transport horses, and other pets, to the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
Wow. Stay safe! Hope they can put out the fires so you and your family can go back home! California is on Fire!! Not in a good way either. :( this is terrible..

Nessa

5 Year Member
Arcadia, CA
Question, I decided to study out in the backyard with the torts today and I noticed that I can smell the smoke. Its not a crazy amount, just noticable. How harmful is this for my tortoises? Should I bring them inside until this all goes away?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Question, I decided to study out in the backyard with the torts today and I noticed that I can smell the smoke. Its not a crazy amount, just noticable. How harmful is this for my tortoises? Should I bring them inside until this all goes away?

If its enough to bother you, then it is enough to bother them. If its just faint and barely noticeable and not causing you any trouble, then its probably fine for them.