CAN ANYBODY HELP

Gattu N'Coco

Location (City and/or State)
india
I found this stray dog and shes superr sick, does anyone have any idea what it is, i tried to take her to hosp but she wont get inside my car. She keeps on crying, and she stinks a lil. 20180810_164406.jpeg20180810_164407.jpegIMG-20180805-WA0009.jpeg

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
ivermectin will kill the mites , but the cause is a dysfunctional immune system , probably from poor diet …… she doesn't look horrible , feed her healthy food , they can overcome it themselves sometimes given a good diet , supplement it with fish oil ………. some breeds , very few , but some are allergic to ivermectin …… you could probably get something like "heartguard" from a vet , it's a chewable pill for heartworm , the dose would be higher for demodex , ask him what the dose would be for demodex and feed it to her in food you give her …….

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
They are right! If you have any sulphur based products,
that will help with most skin irritations... that poor thing must be miserable. If you have other pets, make sure to keep that dog quarantined and wash yourself really well before going near any of them. In that condition he probably has a host of conditions... fleas , worms, etc.. that’s just heart breaking!!!

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
demodectic mange in itself doesn't itch , unless there is a secondary infection , in which case an antibiotic would also be in order …… the only topical I've ever seen work on demodex is mitaban …………. a healthy dog isn't going to catch demodectic mange , sarcoptic mange being a different story , I would say 98% for sure that's demodex ...…… you honestly can treat that dog without catching it , including worms and fleas , as long as you can get it to eat what you give it , and have regular access to it ……..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Poor dog. He's so lucky you took him in. I know it's a handful, but keep up the baths. It takes a while for mange to go away. You've gotten some very helpful hints here. Please keep us informed as to his progress.

Reactions: orv

Gattu N'Coco

india
Update- i gave her a bath with borax hydrogen peroxide and water i found it on net, and feeding her well, i think the itching is less, she still cries though[emoji17][emoji53]

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Update- i gave her a bath with borax hydrogen peroxide and water i found it on net, and feeding her well, i think the itching is less, she still cries though[emoji17][emoji53]
Has she seen a vet?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
No she hasnt, she is too afraid to get inside any vehicle, i tried many times she just jumps out...ive called an NGO they asked for address but havent heard anything after that.
Somehow she needs to get vet treatment. Maybe talk to a vet about this for solutions. I'm wondering if there is something you can give her to calm her enough to get there. She needs vet care.

Gattu N'Coco

india
Well honestly i thought of dozing her off and take her to vet, is that a moral thing to do?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
"Dozing her off"????? don't know what that means, but if you're wondering if it's moral, maybe it isn't. Can you put her into a dog crate for the trip to a vet?

Gattu N'Coco

india
"Dozing her off"????? don't know what that means, but if you're wondering if it's moral, maybe it isn't. Can you put her into a dog crate for the trip to a vet?
Give her some meds so she sleeps and ill take her to vet