jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I watched the first series of "Lost".
And then lost interest.
Much as you did with new Doctor Who. :(

Well, to be fair, they didn't really swap out any of the main characters on Lost.

Plus once you watch it, you can rewatch it and catch all the character in the background that you hadn't noticed before because you didn't know who they were.

I tried to watch it in chronological order but lost interest.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Well, to be fair, they didn't really swap out any of the main characters on Lost.

Plus once you watch it, you can rewatch it and catch all the character in the background that you hadn't noticed before because you didn't know who they were.

I tried to watch it in chronological order but lost interest.
Doctor Who has to swap over its main actors,if not exactly always characters.
It's been 52 years since it started, the original cast are very old or no longer with us.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Doctor Who has to swap over its main actors,if not exactly always characters.
It's been 52 years since it started, the original cast are very old or no longer with us.

I originally thought about trying to start at the beginning until I found out that there's quite a few episodes of which copies do not exist.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I originally thought about trying to start at the beginning until I found out that there's quite a few episodes of which copies do not exist.
Yes, 97 out of the 253 episodes from the 6 black and white years of Doctor Who are still missing, though they find one, every now and again.
However, soundtracks exist for all of them and using telesnaps (photos from the tv and others ) reconstructions and surviving clips, all the episodes can be watched in order.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
A quick pop in before my iPad has to reload again, darn thing. Anyway, very busy month that went way to fast. Now entering yet another very busy month, ugh. Hope all is well and will see ya at the next pop:D
Oh, an learned a few Star Trek things myself on here:confused:

Prairie Mom

I think "Lost" ended so stupidly. It was such a good show until they started inventing weird good vs evil mythology garbage....sigh. The show was so good until then. Now, I couldn't rewatch it, knowing it's going to take a nose dive.

Love LOVE the new Doctor Whos, but admit that I am struggling with the new Peter Capaldi seasons. I like Clara. I like Peter Capaldi. I like the idea of an older Doctor and dropping the love-interest companions, but I don't like the way his character is being directed. I'm not a fan of some of the ways they've changed the Doctor's character either. I used to be obsessed with the show and am sadly turning luke warm.

I'll watch some adipose to cheer myself up:)
The music for this one is great...

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
A quick pop in before my iPad has to reload again, darn thing. Anyway, very busy month that went way to fast. Now entering yet another very busy month, ugh. Hope all is well and will see ya at the next pop:D
Oh, an learned a few Star Trek things myself on here:confused:
Ahem, sorry.;)
Wishing you well for the month to come and hope to catch up with you around Christmas if not before.
Take care, Barbara!:)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I think "Lost" ended so stupidly. It was such a good show until they started inventing weird good vs evil mythology garbage....sigh. The show was so good until then. Now, I couldn't rewatch it, knowing it's going to take a nose dive.

Love LOVE the new Doctor Whos, but admit that I am struggling with the new Peter Capaldi seasons. I like Clara. I like Peter Capaldi. I like the idea of an older Doctor and dropping the love-interest companions, but I don't like the way his character is being directed. I'm not a fan of some of the ways they've changed the Doctor's character either. I used to be obsessed with the show and am sadly turning luke warm.

I'll watch some adipose to cheer myself up:)
The music for this one is great...
Points!!!
I love the Adipose, great fun, but also a bit horrid.
I love Capaldi and the direction, the darkness and morality, philosophy and science (or some of it).
These last two seasons have been mostly great, in my opinion.
Clara gone now.
This season finale is going to be a corker!

Prairie Mom

Points!!!
I love the Adipose, great fun, but also a bit horrid.
I love Capaldi and the direction, the darkness and morality, philosophy and science (or some of it).
These last two seasons have been mostly great, in my opinion.
Clara gone now.
This season finale is going to be a corker!
I haven't seen the new ones yet. I thought the season finale with the Master and dead Mr. Pink was really weird. I don't like that they've made the doctor less intelligent. He used to be able to taste the air and know the year. Now, he seems to know nothing about humanity and can't even tell if Clara is young or old. I also don't like how callous he has become about people dying. The tenth doctor gave his life for Wilfred stuck in a booth. This guy doesn't even try to save most people as they're dying...sigh...disappointed.

"Wilfred, it's my honor" sniff sniff

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I haven't seen the new ones yet. I thought the season finale with the Master and dead Mr. Pink was really weird. I don't like that they've made the doctor less intelligent. He used to be able to taste the air and know the year. Now, he seems to know nothing about humanity and can't even tell if Clara is young or old. I also don't like how callous he has become about people dying. The tenth doctor gave his life for Wilfred stuck in a booth. This guy doesn't even try to save most people as they're dying...sigh...disappointed.

Spoiler!!

I might watch it some day.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

I know, I know, but it did get a bit cute, though Tennant got quite mean sometimes, too.
You'll find he's very intelligent this year, can taste the air and know the year and Clara is becoming as 'callous' as he is! Great.
He's not callous, anyway, he just sees the bigger picture. And you'll see just how much he really cares! Breathtaking.
Try this year's offerings, hopefully get you back on board.