Needing to rehome Red foot Tortoise in Virginia

Darthmaulsmom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chesapeake
This hurts my heart to do but I am needing to rehome my red foot tortoise as soon as possible. They are 6 years old and have been with me since it was a hatchling. Unfortunately due to a divorce I can no longer afford to keep them and provide the care they need. I am in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and can travel a little outside of it if need be. I just want them to have a good home and be able to thrive. If anyone has any info on rescues in my area to possibly bring him to that would be great as well. I unfortunately wasn't able to find anything. Thanks.

Mr.pacheco

Missouri
That’s a old one I think someone just copied it it’s from like 6 years ago I think I saw the same one on a different form

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
How many tortoises? You refer it one as them?

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
This hurts my heart to do but I am needing to rehome my red foot tortoise as soon as possible. They are 6 years old and have been with me since it was a hatchling. Unfortunately due to a divorce I can no longer afford to keep them and provide the care they need. I am in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and can travel a little outside of it if need be. I just want them to have a good home and be able to thrive. If anyone has any info on rescues in my area to possibly bring him to that would be great as well. I unfortunately wasn't able to find anything. Thanks.
Hi I'm a long time member here .
Yes, it is an old thread, but it has been active today. I believe @sissyofone , who is a well known member here, still takes in redfoots.
Hi Yes I'm a member here of Tortoise Forum and yes Im looking To rescue a few Reds . I have plenty of space for them, but I live in Texas. Let me know if you need help funding them a place to be.

Darthmaulsmom

5 Year Member
Chesapeake
Hi I'm a long time member here .

Hi Yes I'm a member here of Tortoise Forum and yes Im looking To rescue a few Reds . I have plenty of space for them, but I live in Texas. Let me know if you need help funding them a place to be.
I greatly appreciate this and will reach out if I can't find him some place closer to home.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
@Darthmaulsmom ... I sent you a PM but maybe I wasn't clear (I'm not the best of communicators). We are a rescue (Non profit 501(c)3) Tortoise well being is "What" we care about and do everyday. We would love to help and are even willing to pay shipping.
Every Tortoise we are blessed to cross paths with in need we do everything possible to help, no matter where in the world they are. We sincerely wish the best for this tort.

JFBmustang

Sw Ranches
very sad to hear. I would have taken him but im in south florida.