COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Yeap, like I said: "the culture". Mistreating animals usually stems from powerty/famin/ignorance. There are countries in Asia where it's socially acceptable to eat dogs and cats. I can hardly stand thinking about it ling enough to type this post! Ugghhh!
In parts of Asia it is not a good idea to ask what is in your meal or sandwich.
Oh, the things i have eaten! :eek:

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Armadillos I've only seen in zoos, roadrunners only on the TV!
Adders were a common enough sight in the area of England I grew up and sometimes grass snakes and sand lizards, lots of amphibians ; frogs, toads and newts. Lots of birds, too.
Thailand was the place for trees, though very different types and lots of reptiles of course.
Here we have various turtles and the greek tortoise, lots of snakes and lizards, I have geckos living in my house.
Morocco is fabulous, Mediterranean coasts, Atlantic coasts, the Sahara, 4 mountain ranges, cedar forests, and so on and so on.
I don't really take photos, but.....
My bedroom window view.
View attachment 158607

And one of my geckos...
View attachment 158609

Roadrunners are kinda disappointing irl. They're kind of drab and not sassy at all.

Armadillos are surprisingly quick.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
If I set a cup down, it's probably empty, so that kind of service is much appreciated. ;) Same for food.
Fair enough.
So that's why you hang out in here, sometimes.
So the giant armadillo can take your empties away while the seven-bandeds take away rubbish and eat the crumbs and the hedgehogs deal with the washing up.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Armadillos I've only seen in zoos, roadrunners only on the TV!
Adders were a common enough sight in the area of England I grew up and sometimes grass snakes and sand lizards, lots of amphibians ; frogs, toads and newts. Lots of birds, too.
Thailand was the place for trees, though very different types and lots of reptiles of course.
Here we have various turtles and the greek tortoise, lots of snakes and lizards, I have geckos living in my house.
Morocco is fabulous, Mediterranean coasts, Atlantic coasts, the Sahara, 4 mountain ranges, cedar forests, and so on and so on.
I don't really take photos, but.....
My bedroom window view.
View attachment 158607

And one of my geckos...
View attachment 158609
I love those little narrow spaces between buildings. In Italy some people used to run clothes lines between 2 buildings. We have similar geckos here, and tons of anoles. None of that in Poland! I remember being mesmerized watching sunbathing anoles that were all over the place in Florida (my first home away from Poland). Anoles are common sight here in Texas. Roadrunners often cross my front yard, probably on their way to the greens of golfcourse that surrounds my area (big public golfcourse, nothing fancy, or "clubhousy", just lots of green space, water features, trees and wildlife that lives there), and armadillos or skunks unfortunately I've only seen them as... roadkill on sides of the roads, tons of squirrels, deer, bunnies, coyotes, great birds... Yeah! Really thinking about it, there's tons of great wildlife in this area! Great vegetation... Just DIFFERENT, than what I was used to. I've only seen Morocco on pictures, books, tv and your pics. Love your bedroom window view Adam:)

Pearly

5 Year Member
Roadrunners are kinda disappointing irl. They're kind of drab and not sassy at all.

Armadillos are surprisingly quick.
I have only seen live armadillo once. At River Place (restaurant by Parmer&Mopac, used to be one of favorite beer joints, lots of different tap beers and good food) there was a baby armadillo there that the kitchen and wait staff were feeding, he was not afraid of people and came out of hishide to eat tasty snacks. Really cute. They had name for him, Alfred, or Adolph.... or something A... Very cute creature

Pearly

5 Year Member
If I set a cup down, it's probably empty, so that kind of service is much appreciated. ;) Same for food.
I take it Jaizei is a fast eater! Doesn't sit the plate dow until done eating I only did that with my drinks. By golly! NO ONE DARE TOUCH MY DRINK!!!!! until I'm done with it

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I love those little narrow spaces between buildings. In Italy some people used to run clothes lines between 2 buildings. We have similar geckos here, and tons of anoles. None of that in Poland! I remember being mesmerized watching sunbathing anoles that were all over the place in Florida (my first home away from Poland). Anoles are common sight here in Texas. Roadrunners often cross my front yard, probably on their way to the greens of golfcourse that surrounds my area (big public golfcourse, nothing fancy, or "clubhousy", just lots of green space, water features, trees and wildlife that lives there), and armadillos or skunks unfortunately I've only seen them as... roadkill on sides of the roads, tons of squirrels, deer, bunnies, coyotes, great birds... Yeah! Really thinking about it, there's tons of great wildlife in this area! Great vegetation... Just DIFFERENT, than what I was used to. I've only seen Morocco on pictures, books, tv and your pics. Love your bedroom window view Adam:)
Thanks.
Narrow street ?
My street is one of the widest in the area, the narrow streets you can stretch out your arms and touch both sides quite comfortably.
Washing lines across the street aren't necessary as everyone has a flat roof here, the clothes lines are there.
The clothes lines between two buildings sometimes happens in England!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Ok, Boys and Girls, gotta get off my butt and go upstairs clean up and redo the babies' tank. They are now in their daytime dwelling by warm fireplace with my kids and the cat. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1450040274.164865.jpg their nursery tank is very humid so I'm not that concerned about the dry air now. I like for them to be handled and around the kids. Later, Gators!TTFN

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Ok, Boys and Girls, gotta get off my butt and go upstairs clean up and redo the babies' tank. They are now in their daytime dwelling by warm fireplace with my kids and the cat. View attachment 158623 their nursery tank is very humid so I'm not that concerned about the dry air now. I like for them to be handled and around the kids. Later, Gators!TTFN
Nice chatting with you!:)
Have fun and speak soon!