COLD DARK ROOM

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Goodness!!!!!!
Maxi's huge!
Are you sure he isn't a horse in disguise?;)
Beautiful , clean, soft and warm, i'll bet.
Lovely eyes.
Haha! Yes! He's a big boy! Maine Coons can get pretty big. They are the "Great Danes" of the felines. They are also called "gentle giant". Maxi only weighs 17 lbs. There are Main Coon males that weigh 25-27 lbs! And we are not talking "fat". They are long with long tails and large bones. They are also known for having dog-like personalities. My Maxi cries by the door after I leave and is always first one to greet me when I'm back. Maxi is a rescue kitty. Got him off craigslist. His family got him from the breeder as baby for 850$ and a year later "couldn't stand the white hair all over the house". Dah! White long hair cat=white hair! Maxi is 6 yrs old. He hates to be bathed so we don't bathe him. He takes care of his own grooming as most cats do. That's one of the cat owning perks- don't have to bathe them

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Haha! Yes! He's a big boy! Maine Coons can get pretty big. They are the "Great Danes" of the felines. They are also called "gentle giant". Maxi only weighs 17 lbs. There are Main Coon males that weigh 25-27 lbs! And we are not talking "fat". They are long with long tails and large bones. They are also known for having dog-like personalities. My Maxi cries by the door after I leave and is always first one to greet me when I'm back. Maxi is a rescue kitty. Got him off craigslist. His family got him from the breeder as baby for 850$ and a year later "couldn't stand the white hair all over the house". Dah! White long hair cat=white hair! Maxi is 6 yrs old. He hates to be bathed so we don't bathe him. He takes care of his own grooming as most cats do. That's one of the cat owning perks- don't have to bathe them
Yes, we always had cats when i was growing up and wifey and I had an adorable one. It was only after she died that we were free to move to Morocco.
Love, cats, but couldn't keep one here. The children beat and kick them in the street, kill them sometimes. :(
Maxi looks extremely clean and well-groomed, but, yes, rather hairy!
Wifey leaves blonde hairs all over the house, can't be worse than that! ;)

Pearly

5 Year Member
I love the sky.
i think I was a butterfly in a previous life.
or I still am.
I have yet to figure out the "previous-future life" deal, but butterflies are one of the most beautiful creatures in Nature! Love them! The part of Texas where we live has huge numbers of Monarchs. I have lots of butterfly/hummingbird friendly plants in my garden and at times there are so many of them that you can hear the flapping of all those wings

Pearly

5 Year Member
Yes, we always had cats when i was growing up and wifey and I had an adorable one. It was only after she died that we were free to move to Morocco.
Love, cats, but couldn't keep one here. The children beat and kick them in the street, kill them sometimes. :(
Maxi looks extremely clean and well-groomed, but, yes, rather hairy!
Wifey leaves blonde hairs all over the house, can't be worse than that! ;)
That's horrible about some cultures! Mistreating animals almost physically hurts me. Those moroccan kids don't know any better though

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I have yet to figure out the "previous-future life" deal, but butterflies are one of the most beautiful creatures in Nature! Love them! The part of Texas where we live has huge numbers of Monarchs. I have lots of butterfly/hummingbird friendly plants in my garden and at times there are so many of them that you can hear the flapping of all those wings
I don't actually believe in reincarnation, though it's a nice thought.
Living in Thailand, one gets a feel for it, fascinating concept.
Lots of butterflies here, but no hummingbirds , or in Europe, but I've been in walk through aviaries and had them fling around my head and hovering in front of my face. Gorgeous.

Pearly

5 Year Member
I don't actually believe in reincarnation, though it's a nice thought.
Living in Thailand, one gets a feel for it, fascinating concept.
Lots of butterflies here, but no hummingbirds , or in Europe, but I've been in walk through aviaries and had them fling around my head and hovering in front of my face. Gorgeous.
Yes, living back in Poland I recall admiring hummingbird photos, armadillos, roadrunners, etc. and snakes?! We only had couple of species, only one venomous and they were under national law protection as endangered species. I used to go hiking and camping all the time and had NEVER encountered live snake! The only snakes I'd ever seen were in the ZOO. The only reptiles I recall seeing out in wild were frogs (tons of them! and all over! cute little green ones) and salamanders near mountain streams. I think there was a mud turtle but I had never seen one in a wild, they too were endangered back then. The birds were plentiful and some of them I really miss here. The bird songs are different here, and I miss stork nests and "clocking" sounds they make. Or the trees! Oh how I miss our huge old trees! Or white birchwoods! Or gig majestic spruces.... Since in the US I've only lived in places or warm climate (Florida and Texas) where vegetation is sooooo diferent! But!.... There is beauty everywhere we go! It's hard not to miss sights/sounds we were used to, but it always helps me when I try to make conscious effort to open my heart and mind to the new place, new people and try to embrace all that the new place has to offer. To you the change must have felt even greater! Morocco sounds so different! I'd love to visit though. Love the ceramic work there, all the mosaic and stuff. And architecture..... Post some pics from time to time if not too much trouble. Would love to see them

Pearly

5 Year Member
They are not taught how to behave.:(
And for adults animals are food, working beasts or to be killed or ignored.
Yeap, like I said: "the culture". Mistreating animals usually stems from powerty/famin/ignorance. There are countries in Asia where it's socially acceptable to eat dogs and cats. I can hardly stand thinking about it ling enough to type this post! Ugghhh!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes, living back in Poland I recall admiring hummingbird photos, armadillos, roadrunners, etc. and snakes?! We only had couple of species, only one venomous and they were under national law protection as endangered species. I used to go hiking and camping all the time and had NEVER encountered live snake! The only snakes I'd ever seen were in the ZOO. The only reptiles I recall seeing out in wild were frogs (tons of them! and all over! cute little green ones) and salamanders near mountain streams. I think there was a mud turtle but I had never seen one in a wild, they too were endangered back then. The birds were plentiful and some of them I really miss here. The bird songs are different here, and I miss stork nests and "clocking" sounds they make. Or the trees! Oh how I miss our huge old trees! Or white birchwoods! Or gig majestic spruces.... Since in the US I've only lived in places or warm climate (Florida and Texas) where vegetation is sooooo diferent! But!.... There is beauty everywhere we go! It's hard not to miss sights/sounds we were used to, but it always helps me when I try to make conscious effort to open my heart and mind to the new place, new people and try to embrace all that the new place has to offer. To you the change must have felt even greater! Morocco sounds so different! I'd love to visit though. Love the ceramic work there, all the mosaic and stuff. And architecture..... Post some pics from time to time if not too much trouble. Would love to see them
Armadillos I've only seen in zoos, roadrunners only on the TV!
Adders were a common enough sight in the area of England I grew up and sometimes grass snakes and sand lizards, lots of amphibians ; frogs, toads and newts. Lots of birds, too.
Thailand was the place for trees, though very different types and lots of reptiles of course.
Here we have various turtles and the greek tortoise, lots of snakes and lizards, I have geckos living in my house.
Morocco is fabulous, Mediterranean coasts, Atlantic coasts, the Sahara, 4 mountain ranges, cedar forests, and so on and so on.
I don't really take photos, but.....
My bedroom window view.
Street night.jpg

And one of my geckos...
Moorish Gecko3.jpg

Attachments

• Street day.jpg
    Street day.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7