COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Lola had an exciting afternoon today.
I collected him at lunchtime and took him into school for a couple of hours, as we have been talking about reptiles in science.
He was very cosy en route with a hot water bottle and hot car and he was a star visitor.
He was very relaxed and the kids thought he was hilarious when he kept peeping over the top of the big flat box he was in with bits of food on his face.
I wish I'd used the school camera to take some pics.
The friend who had found him couldn't believe how he'd grown.
Splendid result!!!!!!
What a good job you've done!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
There are 4 more elements that have been added to the Periodic Table!!!! A scientist friend of mine sent me a link to an article about them. The teams of scientists who proved the existence of these elements will get to name them. Until their existence could be proven, they were tentatively referred to as Ununtrium, Ununpentium, Ununseptium and Ununoctium (for real).
But i got to thinking. These poor elements are NEW, and will now be joining the ranks of very FAMOUS elements like Hydrogen, Oxygen, Uranium etc.
I think they should have MORE than just a single name: They should have a first AND a last name. How about Ursula Ununtrium? Or Eric Ununpentium? or Vladimir Ununseptium? :p

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
There are 4 more elements that have been added to the Periodic Table!!!! A scientist friend of mine sent me a link to an article about them. The teams of scientists who proved the existence of these elements will get to name them. Until their existence could be proven, they were tentatively referred to as Ununtrium, Ununpentium, Ununseptium and Ununoctium (for real).
But i got to thinking. These poor elements are NEW, and will now be joining the ranks of very FAMOUS elements like Hydrogen, Oxygen, Uranium etc.
I think they should have MORE than just a single name: They should have a first AND a last name. How about Ursula Ununtrium? Or Eric Ununpentium? or Vladimir Ununseptium? :p
Don't be silly!
This is science.
They all ought to be called Adamium, obviously.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Here is JACQUES:
View attachment 161171 View attachment 161172
In the first one, he's just hanging out! This is how he is a lot. It's even cuter when he's not hanging onto a plant, but is on his little tippy-toes with his nose out of the water!!! :):):)
In the other photo, he just uprooted a plastic plant I bought in the hopes that the grid on the bottom would prevent him from uprooting it! :p

such a handsome little fella :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
garage 2 organised, as well as sending 2 lads on a placement.. now back to mine to do my work, then back to base for an hr at lunch check in, then back again to finish my work!!!
Busy, busy, busy!!!!
You'll be fine!!!
My first lesson in a minute, but i'm betting on a no show.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
In third place for December earning 18 points to add to the end of the year totals is............................Chrissy!!!!!!!
@Prairie Mom :) :) Thanks for all the fun and frolics!!!!!!!!
Keep up with all your wonderful and amusing posts, please!!!!
The Cold Dark Room would be a lot Colder and Darker without you! :D