COLD DARK ROOM

Prairie Mom

I think that's brilliant a Chrissy @Prairie Mom - do you really understand it? There's also chewing the fat which is legend. I actually heard that a new still game series is going to be released which I'm really excited about! :)
I'll have to look into "Chewing the Fat." About understanding it...There are times when some of the minor characters speak quickly and quietly and honestly that can be hard. I do also come across occasional slang that I've never heard. For example, even the expression "Neds." I've never heard it before and I'm still uncertain if that is referring to young teens or more thug/trouble makers? :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
I'll have to look into "Chewing the Fat." About understanding it...There are times when some of the minor characters speak quickly and quietly and honestly that can be hard. I do also come across occasional slang that I've never heard. For example, even the expression "Neds." I've never heard it before and I'm still uncertain if that is referring to young teens or more thug/trouble makers? :)

:), neds... 'non educated delinquent'

also known as 'bams' or 'toon goons'

...generally teenage to early 20's , who hang around in the streets getting drunk and starting fights

Prairie Mom

Hi there hope all's well!
Nice new avatar - looks like the sort of house a writer of horror/thriller stories might live.
Will have a peak at the book thread.
Thanks:) We only lived a couple streets away from him in Maine, so whenever people came to visit, we had to take them to his house and get photos done:) His wife is a writer too and they had some fun with the house. The iron gates are all decorated like spider webs and there are small three-headed dragons. For years, he even sat outside and handed candy to trick or treaters on Halloween. The thing that I think is so cool is that he's loaded to kingdom come and he lives in a regular neighborhood. They're nice big beautiful houses, but he's in the middle of town and surrounded by regular folks with neighbors on all sides. Like I said, my own cheap apartment was only a few streets away.