COLD DARK ROOM

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
I think I saw a preview or something for those. I wondered if it were theater. I'll have to check them out. I think I'm in season 4 right now. Winston just lost his leg and has the pretty nail polished false foot.

music playing...

'well this is the balled of misses begg'
who doubted winstons gammy leg' :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
I wonder if the Burger King food over there is identical to what it is here? Content? Taste?
Based on my experience when I worked in New Zealand, I'd guess 'No.' Reason being that apparently different cultures have different tastes that they find appealing. The mayonnaise in New Zealand was NOTHING like our mayonnaise here. Theirs is a bit runnier, more off-white than white, and the taste just isn't the same. I even bought Kraft Mayonnaise while I was there, desperately hoping for a taste of home, but Kraft MODIFIES their recipes depending on their consumers. So it was exactly the same as the other nasty-tasting (to my spoiled American palate!) New Zealand mayonnaise. Ketchup tasted a little different too, but not as striking as the mayo. :)
The Burger King I had there did not QUITE taste like ours- not exactly bad, just not what I was used to or was expecting. :(

Prairie Mom

Based on my experience when I worked in New Zealand, I'd guess 'No.' Reason being that apparently different cultures have different tastes that they find appealing. The mayonnaise in New Zealand was NOTHING like our mayonnaise here. Theirs is a bit runnier, more off-white than white, and the taste just isn't the same. I even bought Kraft Mayonnaise while I was there, desperately hoping for a taste of home, but Kraft MODIFIES their recipes depending on their consumers. So it was exactly the same as the other nasty-tasting (to my spoiled American palate!) New Zealand mayonnaise. Ketchup tasted a little different too, but not as striking as the mayo. :)
The Burger King I had there did not QUITE taste like ours- not exactly bad, just not what I was used to or was expecting. :(
(@ZEROPILOT) Yes you're right! There are differences. There is often different menu items based on the country. While we get a limited time BBQ type sandwich, other places will have a limited time Fish offering. Last time I was overseas McDonalds even offered a limited time "Doner" (super yummy greek type food). Food will taste slightly different, because there will be slightly different seasonings and particularly dressings used. Many restaurants in Europe will be heavier on Mustard vs Ketchup and there is no such thing as Ranch Dressing in most places. Food is even served a tiny bit differently. For example, growing up in Germany they would give you these tiny kind of finger forks for your fries because Germans were accustomed to eating big yummy fries called Pommes Frites where you would often use a fork. Now, because fast food has invaded everywhere Pommes as well as Chips in the UK are often more like lame fast food French fries. -They are so disappointing in most restaurants now!! Also, when you eat in the fast food restaurant vs drive through, most fast food places in Europe hand you your drink open without a lid and straw. Europeans are far less wasteful than us garbage factories.

Prairie Mom

One thing I will say is that often fresh fruit and vegetables taste better overseas.