COLD DARK ROOM

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Not seen Gillian in CDR for a while but she has been posting.
Expecting a snow storm I believe.
I think I saw a portion of her arm in a photo.
Yes. She injured her ankle too. She is not having a good time all around.
And therefore, neither is Oli.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm going to name my three yet un named tortoises. The male is now Romeo,(Formerly known as #1) but that leaves two females.(Now numbers 2 and 3)
Any ideas? They are unquestionably females.
Well Adam would tell you to name them all Adam!
What about Bella, Donna, Maggie, May, Gertie, Hattie, Meg, Peg, Thelma and Louise......

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Ha! I never thought about that!

I love Doner Kebabs...mmmm! Those are actually something I have not eaten in the States. I'm sure they exist somewhere, but I haven't come across them.
There are plenty of kebab shops in UK - a favourite of many after a night of wine women and song I believe!

Prairie Mom

Your certainly getting a hang of the lingo!!
Sweet! I'm glad you think so:D I'll admit it took some thought!:D

In reality, I actually pick up accents really quickly. It can be embarrassing. I've often joked that I start THINKING in a southern accent just from my layover in the Atlanta, Georgia airport:p

Happily, where I live now does not have a very prominent accent. It's very much the clear American-English you hear in television shows and movies, BUT people here DO drop their 'g's at the end of their words, which I admittedly have begun to do a lot and even my foreign-born children have begun to do as well. We'll speak pretty clear "American-English" but we're "Thinkin' about walkin' over to the store to do some shoppin' later" :D

Last edited:

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Hi John end of another week - thank goodness!!
Are you working tomorrow?

nope :) good one today as well.. boss man appeared, 'i like your attitude john, chasing after ians (the right hand man) job.... he said that I could actually be in charge of around 4 or 5 supervisors! area manager might be on the cards afterall :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Sweet! I'm glad you thing so:D I'll admit it took some thought!:D

In reality, I actually pick up accents really quickly. It can be embarrassing. I've often joked that I start THINKING in a southern accent just from my layover in the Atlanta, Georgia airport:p

Happily, where I live now does not have a very prominent accent. It's very much the clear American-English you hear in television shows and movies, BUT people here DO drop their 'g's at the end of their words, which I admittedly have begun to do a lot and even my foreign-born children have begun to do as well. We'll speak pretty clear "American-English" but we're "Thinkin' about walkin' over to the store to do some shoppin' later" :D

watch oot fur the wee bams! ;)

Prairie Mom

Nope Ed - I don't do selfies!! No digital camera either.
Hope you are having a good day!!
Dang! I'd love to see your face too! It's fun to imagine what people look like when you're talking to them.

BUT--I'll admit that I have noticed something over the past year or so with my avatars...I truly have noticed that people chat with me more when I DON'T have a photo of myself up. --I'm starting to think I should be offended :p

Last edited: