COLD DARK ROOM

Prairie Mom

staple diet here :)
It's like that all over Europe too! I really miss it. I buy them like crazy whenever I'm over there.

In the U.S. they have Mexican restaurants (Tex-Mex type burritos, tacos) and American-ized Chinese food on every corner the same way you can get Doners and tasty Indian food nearly every where over there.

W Shaw

I'm going to name my three yet un named tortoises. The male is now Romeo,(Formerly known as #1) but that leaves two females.(Now numbers 2 and 3)
Any ideas? They are unquestionably females.

I've always been fond of Roisín (ROsheen) for a little girl. It's Irish for a little rose. Although it's Irish, it makes me think of my favorite Scots poem, by Hugh MacDiarmid:

The Little White Rose
The rose of all the world is not for me.
I want for my part
Only the little white rose of Scotland
That smells sharp and sweet—and breaks the heart.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
nope :) good one today as well.. boss man appeared, 'i like your attitude john, chasing after ians (the right hand man) job.... he said that I could actually be in charge of around 4 or 5 supervisors! area manager might be on the cards afterall :)
That's terrific!:)
I really hope so John!!!

Prairie Mom

I think the whole forum would agree we don't need anymore pics of me! I've probably blinded a few lol
NOOO WAAAY!!! Everyone loves your photos!!!!!!! You're hilarious. Sure, they'll joke about being blinded and such, but I don't think there is a single person out there that isn't jealous of your confidence!!! -I certainly am! And I love picturing who I talk to and knowing you have a silly personality. All good fun!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Dang! I'd love to s

Dang! I'd love to see your face too! It's fun to imagine what people look like when you're talking to them.

BUT--I'll admit that I have noticed something over the past year or so with my avatars...I truly have noticed that people chat with me more when I DON'T have a photo of myself up. --I'm starting to think I should be offended :p
That's strange isn't it? Maybe it's too personal having a real face to reply to.
Lola is much better looking than me so I'll stick with him.

Prairie Mom

That's strange isn't it? Maybe it's too personal having a real face to reply to.
Lola is much better looking than me so I'll stick with him.
hmmm...could be! I haven't thought about that too much. I may need to switch to a silly avatar again soon. :) I kind of miss my Star Wars themed ones. Maybe I'll dip into something else silly and sci-fi. :D