COLD DARK ROOM

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
had to be done... Burger King again! 4 cheeseyburgers and fries. look how small they are! :( View attachment 163122

its a CD, not vinal ;)
Omg! You had me fooled! Thought it was a vinyl! Was just thinking about bunch of my old favorites (LP's) that I had brought with me from my Old Country back in 1989.... Just couldn't part with them. They are boxed up somewhere up on the attic. I wonder if they are still any good after all those years of being stored in our summer heat... I love that look of your cd!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Omg! You had me fooled! Thought it was a vinyl! Was just thinking about bunch of my old favorites (LP's) that I had brought with me from my Old Country back in 1989.... Just couldn't part with them. They are boxed up somewhere up on the attic. I wonder if they are still any good after all those years of being stored in our summer heat... I love that look of your cd!

found it in a car ;). I think they would be, certainly some money in them :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Five hours of silence!!
The "Room" is a tomb!!
I was just sifting through the threads. John has posted many photos.(Of himself) Adam has a few partial photos of himself. I have reluctantly included one or two, but what of miss Lyn?
Did I miss it?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
(@ZEROPILOT) Yes you're right! There are differences. There is often different menu items based on the country. While we get a limited time BBQ type sandwich, other places will have a limited time Fish offering. Last time I was overseas McDonalds even offered a limited time "Doner" (super yummy greek type food). Food will taste slightly different, because there will be slightly different seasonings and particularly dressings used. Many restaurants in Europe will be heavier on Mustard vs Ketchup and there is no such thing as Ranch Dressing in most places. Food is even served a tiny bit differently. For example, growing up in Germany they would give you these tiny kind of finger forks for your fries because Germans were accustomed to eating big yummy fries called Pommes Frites where you would often use a fork. Now, because fast food has invaded everywhere Pommes as well as Chips in the UK are often more like lame fast food French fries. -They are so disappointing in most restaurants now!! Also, when you eat in the fast food restaurant vs drive through, most fast food places in Europe hand you your drink open without a lid and straw. Europeans are far less wasteful than us garbage factories.
I'm glad you said 'doner' not 'donor' - I aways wondered what they put in those burgers!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Five hours of silence!!
The "Room" is a tomb!!
I was just sifting through the threads. John has posted many photos.(Of himself) Adam has a few partial photos of himself. I have reluctantly included one or two, but what of miss Lyn?
Did I miss it?
Nope Ed - I don't do selfies!! No digital camera either.
Hope you are having a good day!!

W Shaw

oohhh my head! that was an experience, my siver tongue even got me and a couple of the lads down on the pitch.... View attachment 162938View attachment 162939View attachment 162940View attachment 162941

and just noticed my mate took a pic while i was waiting for my taxiView attachment 162942

coffee and bacon for this chap!

So... Are shirt and tie and polished shoes the norm for a football match? I'm afraid I didn't catch the names you dropped so I'ma leave them there for someone else to pick up. Looks like a grand time though!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So... Are shirt and tie and polished shoes the norm for a football match? I'm afraid I didn't catch the names you dropped so I'ma leave them there for someone else to pick up. Looks like a grand time though!
Oh yes our football matches are very formal affairs!!
We have the best dressed supporters in the world!:rolleyes: