COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
It seems that people are the same...The world over, huh?
Yup good and bad everywhere. Unfortunately the good folks seem to be becoming outnumbered these days - or maybe its just the bad uns are louder so more noticeable.
Anyway I have to take myself off to bed now or I'll never get up in the morning. It's 1 a.m here but I always find stuff that needs doing late at night so I'm a bit like Kelly and no matter how I try I never manage an early night.
So night night Ed, hope you and Suki sleep well.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yup good and bad everywhere. Unfortunately the good folks seem to be becoming outnumbered these days - or maybe its just the bad uns are louder so more noticeable.
Anyway I have to take myself off to bed now or I'll never get up in the morning. It's 1 a.m here but I always find stuff that needs doing late at night so I'm a bit like Kelly and no matter how I try I never manage an early night.
So night night Ed, hope you and Suki sleep well.
'Night.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
I'm glad that the mis hap is behind you at work.
We like salad every now and then. But I've got to say that once you buy all of the good stuff to make it interesting, it often tops $25-$30.
Not very economical.
I like a simple green salad. But Kelly needs all sorts of other stuff.

i've still to get the bill for the new bumper right enough:/

that is an expensive salad! I'm dabbling with the unknown when it comes to eating tort food, all I know is i love salad cream:D

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Saw him a while back too, quite a different sort of concert with the old guillotine etc. His daughter took the part of the baby's nanny.
Bonus support act too - Thunder.

i have seen him as well :). I never met him, but got a signed photo book.. I got it framed and gave it to my step dad. oh yes, a fantastic show!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Great! Now if you could just pop down to fix my room thermostat and find out why my boiler is firing up even though it is switched off on the timer I'd be very grateful.

is it a combi boiler? perhaps it's running to maintain water temp?

we have no gas, just an emersion heater... i hate the things:( , don't get me started on storage heaters!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
It has poured down here all day again!
Tomorrow isn't looking too good either - but its my outdoor activity day and it always rains on my Weds. - so shouldn't expect anything more really.

high humidity with chance of storms as well I think:(. whats on the cards for today?

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Sounds like a nice relaxing evening.
Not seen neighbours for a few days - and the less I see or hear of them the better. They will be having a visit from council environmental health dept about their dumping of rubbish any day now though so I expect they'll have plenty to say then.

the calm before the storm:/. nasty neighbors

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
i am officially on the clock at 0830.. got a call from my boss at 0730, which is never a good sign. we have 2 lads in a branch next to my placement, only one can drive and he called for day off as 'has car trouble' so i had to organise one of the staff there to drive. our lad in there is Polish and hasn't been left alone before, so I'm running back and forth baby sitting.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm
ill today.
I was sweating all last night and kept turning the AC down. At 68 degrees, I realized it was just me.
Now I've Been in the bathroom all morning.
Not pleasant.
In five hours I've taken three showers.
I May Go Back home.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
I'm
ill today.
I was sweating all last night and kept turning the AC down. At 68 degrees, I realized it was just me.
Now I've Been in the bathroom all morning.
Not pleasant.
In five hours I've taken three showers.
I May Go Back home.

:(. that's not good:(. sounds like the Chinese last night may be to blame?