COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
good morning mum! how was your weekend?
Not too bad. Got son home from uni at the end of his second year. He moves to Hertfordshire next week to start his placement year.

Busy couple of weeks coming up getting him organised while finalising arrangements for a conference that's happening Thursday week in Leicester (I'm one of the organisers :/ ) I must be insane :D

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Not too bad. Got son home from uni at the end of his second year. He moves to Hertfordshire next week to start his placement year.

Busy couple of weeks coming up getting him organised while finalising arrangements for a conference that's happening Thursday week in Leicester (I'm one of the organisers :/ ) I must be insane :D

did your son enjoy the dinner you made him the other day? busy gal! what is the lecture on?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
did your son enjoy the dinner you made him the other day? busy gal! what is the lecture on?
Dinner went down very well. At his request roast beef and ALL the trimmings and then I found a Delia recipe for summer fruit brulee for dessert :)

It's a conference for IT Technicians working in education. Interesting stuff like cloud services and ransomware to be discussed :D (Well it's interesting to me anyway!)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Dinner went down very well. At his request roast beef and ALL the trimmings and then I found a Delia recipe for summer fruit brulee for dessert :)

It's a conference for IT Technicians working in education. Interesting stuff like cloud services and ransomware to be discussed :D (Well it's interesting to me anyway!)

lucky lad! IT scares me! I just about manage to work an iPhone but thats my limits on computer interweb type gizmos:/

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
lucky lad! IT scares me! I just about manage to work an iPhone but thats my limits on computer interweb type gizmos:/
I did my degree in computing - not that that qualification is worth the paper it's printed on.

I used punch cards for the first year and we got the first PCs in uni for my final year - they only had DOS, no windows in those days.

Things have changed rather a lot through my career!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
My mum likes total darkness, but she does have digital clocks. I like light, luckily I have the toilet across from me so we keep the light on and my door is open. I also don't like silence. I'm so used to having animals in my room that when it's silent, I just don't like it. I like the sound of the gerbils digging.
I love silence, and that's most probably why I picked a tort when I decided to go for a pet: I don't want to hear any sound/noise. :rolleyes:

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
I did my degree in computing - not that that qualification is worth the paper it's printed on.

I used punch cards for the first year and we got the first PCs in uni for my final year - they only had DOS, no windows in those days.

Things have changed rather a lot through my career!

remember the old BBC computers?? lol

jades mum is recently retired but was an IT teacher as well