COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
And i have to ensure wifey gets drunk enough that I can escape to Spain for sausages afterwards.
Good afternoon all. We're having a cuppa and a sandwich as an excuse to sit down.

So far we've visited Salter's Hall, Wax Chandler's Hall, Haberdasher's Hall and Dr Johnson's House.

The Wax Chandlers' rather chequered relationship with their wealthier next door neighbours, the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths, over the centuries was particularly entertaining.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good afternoon all. We're having a cuppa and a sandwich as an excuse to sit down.

So far we've visited Salter's Hall, Wax Chandler's Hall, Haberdasher's Hall and Dr Johnson's House.

The Wax Chandlers' rather chequered relationship with their wealthier next door neighbours, the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths, over the centuries was particularly entertaining.
Hmmmmm.
Don't know that one.
Will google.
Sausage sarnies ?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Oh and I forgot to tell you guys!

A while ago I met Harrison and Anderson! They were super nice and my friends and I even went shopping with Harrison and got matching jumpers haha. We all had an amazing time and I really hope they do another meet up soon. View attachment 187142
How wonderful! :)
I'm going shopping with wifey soon, but I doubt we'll buy matching jumpers.
Or any jumpers, probably.

Prairie Mom

Fun! I really want to go in the next few years. I'll be hitting you up for travel advice.

Prairie Mom

It's currently around 10am for me on Saturday morning. The kids are outside and I'm playing lots of loud music while I try to make my house more like a home rather than a neglected dusty fur coat with the occasional pile of dishes!

I'll be cleaning all day until it's time to pop the microwave popcorn and put it in my girls' "Frozen" cartoon themed popcorn bowl. Looking forward to some murder and fancy dresses. Maybe -MAYBE- I'll shower before my matinee so as not to stink up the cold dark room. ...maybe

See ya later!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It's currently around 10am for me on Saturday morning. The kids are outside and I'm playing lots of loud music while I try to make my house more like a home rather than a neglected dusty fur coat with the occasional pile of dishes!

I'll be cleaning all day until it's time to pop the microwave popcorn and put it in my girls' "Frozen" cartoon themed popcorn bowl. Looking forward to some murder and fancy dresses. Maybe -MAYBE- I'll shower before my matinee so as not to stink up the cold dark room. ...maybe

See ya later!
Morning, Chrissy. :)
Good luck with your chores.
I'm just watching my Doctor Who episode of the day "The Silurians" episode four to get it out of the way before tonight.
I have to watch it four times, you see, normal, with commentary, with information text/production subtitles and with music only.
See you in a few hours.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I grease the dish and then put the sausages in it. The dish and sausages go in the oven while the oven warms up and I'm making the batter. By the time the batter is made (I do it in the liquidiser not by hand), the pan is hot and the sausages cooked enough. :)

I have an electric fan oven which I use at 185C for this.

Serve with onion gravy and vegetables - I don't serve with potato as there's enough carbs in the pud.

Half a pint of batter is plenty for two. For the three of us yesterday, I used 3/4 pint of milk (2 eggs, 6oz flour)

If son is home I'll make a pint (2 eggs, 8oz flour)
Thank you SO MUCH!!!! :)
Once the weather gets colder here, I may give this a try!!! :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good morning CDR.

I'm up early and on my way to London for Open City.

Lots of buildings that aren't normally open to the public are open one weekend a year for free.

We've done it a few times. We've planned a route round a few of the Worshipful Company Halls and Government buildings finishing in the Reform Club (The fictional start for Around the World in 80 Days)
How wonderful!!!! :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening all. It's a little after 8pm and we've just left Charing Cross station on our way home. We went for a Chinese in Soho desperate for food after walking 22818 steps/17.12km (10.6 miles) according to my phone!

I missed St Mary Bow church from this morning.

After lunch: Gresham's College, Marlborough House (former Royal Palace and now International HQ for the Commonwealth) and associated Queen's Chapel, Lancaster House (grandiose location for the Foreign & Commonwealth Office department of the UK government) and finally the Reform Club where our guide was the archivist so our tour was 90 minutes instead of an hour (and completely relevant if you're watching ITV's Victoria).

Marlborough House interiors double for Buckingham Palace in many film productions.

Absolutely fascinating day.

So tired! As usual a brilliant day exploring a different side of London. Hopefully we'll be awake when the train gets to our station :D