COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Are the sausages cooked BEFORE going into the batter?
I grease the dish and then put the sausages in it. The dish and sausages go in the oven while the oven warms up and I'm making the batter. By the time the batter is made (I do it in the liquidiser not by hand), the pan is hot and the sausages cooked enough. :)

I have an electric fan oven which I use at 185C for this.

Serve with onion gravy and vegetables - I don't serve with potato as there's enough carbs in the pud.

Half a pint of batter is plenty for two. For the three of us yesterday, I used 3/4 pint of milk (2 eggs, 6oz flour)

If son is home I'll make a pint (2 eggs, 8oz flour)

Last edited:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning CDR.

I'm up early and on my way to London for Open City.

Lots of buildings that aren't normally open to the public are open one weekend a year for free.

We've done it a few times. We've planned a route round a few of the Worshipful Company Halls and Government buildings finishing in the Reform Club (The fictional start for Around the World in 80 Days)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Good morning CDR.

Lots of buildings that aren't normally open to the public are open one weekend a year for free.

We've done it a few times. We've planned a route round a few of the Worshipful Company Halls and Government buildings finishing in the Reform Club (The fictional start for Around the World in 80 Days)

morning mum :). have fun:)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good morning CDR.

London has so many incredible and historic places, museums and old buildings, it's wonderful.
Enjoy your day, Linda.:)
And there're lots of places that sell nice sausages.