COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I have a piece of beef brisket slow cooking in the oven. It's delicious, but needs at least 4 hours and that's 4 hours plus of nice smells tempting you to snack on other stuff!

It's simple and yummy to do -
Chop an onion and put it in a casserole
(Optional add a couple of crushed garlic cloves)
Put the brisket joint on top
Tip in a can of chopped tomatoes 400g (14oz?) and 3-4 tablespoons of tomato puree (about one third of a tube ;) )
Add water so it comes just over half way up the meat.
Put a sheet of foil on top of the casserole before you put on the lid then scrunch the foil so the edges are sealed as much as possible
Pop it in a medium-low oven -150C (300F) fan 170C (340F) and leave it for 4-6 hours ish. I guess you could do it in a slow cooker too.

It is almost nicer served cold than hot though we don't often have leftovers :D
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love brisket! :)
An traditional Sunday lunches in general.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I have a piece of beef brisket slow cooking in the oven. It's delicious, but needs at least 4 hours and that's 4 hours plus of nice smells tempting you to snack on other stuff!

It's simple and yummy to do -
Chop an onion and put it in a casserole
(Optional add a couple of crushed garlic cloves)
Put the brisket joint on top
Tip in a can of chopped tomatoes 400g (14oz?) and 3-4 tablespoons of tomato puree (about one third of a tube ;) )
Add water so it comes just over half way up the meat.
Put a sheet of foil on top of the casserole before you put on the lid then scrunch the foil so the edges are sealed as much as possible
Pop it in a medium-low oven -150C (300F) fan 170C (340F) and leave it for 4-6 hours ish. I guess you could do it in a slow cooker too.

It is almost nicer served cold than hot though we don't often have leftovers :D
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love brisket.:)