COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Actually, I really like the name Yvonne. I gave my iPhone the name Yvonne! :p

And since Jacques is named after Captain Jacques Yves Cousteau, but she's a female, I've decided her middle name is Yvette.
So she's Jacques Yvette!!! :p

Off to lunch and chores with hubby! Not see y'all later!
Funny ! You could have named Jaques "Jaqueline". I like the name. Or "Jackie". That is nice too. Why is Jaques Costeau so special for you ?
I saw his life biographie in a movie and he was no nice man....

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I have not heard from them today, but it IS Sunday. I expect someone came in to tend the hospitalized animal-patients, but did not call the families unless there was some sort of change. [emoji5]
I expect to hear from them tomorrow- if not, I’ll call. [emoji2][emoji106]
No news is good news, one supposes.
At least in this case. :):<3::tort:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Funny ! You could have named Jaques "Jaqueline". I like the name. Or "Jackie". That is nice too. Why is Jaques Costeau so special for you ?
No, but the nature stuff he did and some of his work was groundbreaking and heartwarming.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

“The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau” was a television show my whole family and I watched when I was a teenager. It opened our eyes to the beauties of the ocean and the natural world. It really started my love of the ocean creatures and showed how I credibly beautiful and fragile the sea is. It had a very big impact on me in a good wAy. [emoji173]️

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Since many are seeking the warm rays of our great Sun, thought I’d share a pix of yesterday’s SUN - snapped by a friend on the Eastern Shore of Md...who specializes in way out there photography. Galaxies, lunar, solar, etc.

Might as well add Friday nights moon as well.

View attachment 229415

View attachment 229417

[emoji33] WOWIE-ZOWIE!!!!! Those are FANTASTIC!!!!![emoji2]

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
“The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau” was a television show my whole family and I watched when I was a teenager. It opened our eyes to the beauties of the ocean and the natural world. It really started my love of the ocean creatures and showed how I credibly beautiful and fragile the sea is. It had a very big impact on me in a good wAy. [emoji173]️
Did somebody tickle you in the middle of typing the last word?;)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I say bye to see my pets. Feed chicken and sheep. Cuddling both too. Cuddling and feeding cats.
wie-huhn-mit-der-hand-huhn-und-chicken-farm-vektor-illustration-h4enty.jpg

948528-hungry-sheep.jpg

51QVFpV7cbL._SY355_.jpg
Lol. The cat looks really hungry.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
She was so tiny when I got her it was impossible to know the correct gender, but I named her anyway knowing there was only a 50:50 chance it would be gender-appropriate. Once I knew she was female, I had already called her Jacques for a year and decided not to change. I doubt she cares, since SHE knows who she is!!!

I’m not the only one with oppositely named turtles: Ed has a female red foot named Julio and Lynn (who’s not on here anymore [emoji20]) has a male leopard tort named Lola!!!!!!![emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
Lol. That is the difficulty of naming them when so young.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
She was so tiny when I got her it was impossible to know the correct gender, but I named her anyway knowing there was only a 50:50 chance it would be gender-appropriate. Once I knew she was female, I had already called her Jacques for a year and decided not to change. I doubt she cares, since SHE knows who she is!!!

I’m not the only one with oppositely named turtles: Ed has a female red foot named Julio and Lynn (who’s not on here anymore [emoji20]) has a male leopard tort named Lola!!!!!!![emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Wait... Julio is female?? o_O
I should remember to never make any assumptions on the TFO! :D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Hi, roommates!
I’m mostly lurking these days. Daughter’s sick; I have a sore throat. It snowed in the night before, much to the excitement of kids over here. (In all honesty, there was enough snow in the entire city for just one good snowman, but many disregarded this fact and even tried to sledge.) Today it’s sunny and the snow mostly melted. I’m consuming liquids of many different kinds. Hope to be up and about in a couple of days.
Have a good week, everyone!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi, roommates!
I’m mostly lurking these days. Daughter’s sick; I have a sore throat. It snowed in the night before, much to the excitement of kids over here. (In all honesty, there was enough snow in the entire city for just one good snowman, but many disregarded this fact and even tried to sledge.) Today it’s sunny and the snow mostly melted. I’m consuming liquids of many different kinds. Hope to be up and about in a couple of days.
Have a good week, everyone!

I hope you feel better soon Lena.

There’s no let up for Mums. Kids get sick, share their germs, Mum gets it but worse ... but Mum doesn’t have time to be sick because the kids need looking after! :(