COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Update on Jacques;

I hadn't heard from the vet's office (being Monday morning, I figured they were busy!) so I phoned them.
It turns out the doctor was assessing and floating Jacques when I called!
Although she's floating better, she's still front-heavy, so some of the infection hasn't resolved just yet.
But the more worrisome thing is that she's developing red spots on her skin. The tech said that he told her that could be the infection manifesting in the skin. I asked if it was a sign of sepsis, but she said he made no mention of sepsis.
Aside from that, she is still very alert and active, and behaving in a manner that is encouraging.

I told the tech EMPHATICALLY that there is NO RUSH for me to bring her home. I am happy to wait until the doctor feels absolutely SOLIDLY that Jacques is fully recovered or sufficiently recovered that he's VERY comfortable with her coming home.
COME ON JACQUES ! ! !:):<3::tort:
Not sure about the red spots. Hope it isn't an allergy to something she's being given.
Still it sounds pretty positive.
You can't rush a tort. :D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thanks alot. I soak them too. Once a day for 10 to 15 mints. And put them on direct sunlight for 15 mints daily.
I'll find something better for water bowl.
An hour a couple of times a week is good.
I soak for about 20 minutes up to level just above where the plastron meets the carapace.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
COME ON JACQUES ! ! !:):<3::tort:
Not sure about the red spots. Hope it isn't an allergy to something she's being given.
Still it sounds pretty positive.
You can't rush a tort. :D
I'm going to call back and leave a message that I would like a little chat with the doctor himself, just for my own sanity!!!:confused:

I'm getting antsy now, so I'm going to sign off for a while.
Keeping busy and getting chores done helps distract me from worrying!!! ;)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Update on Jacques;

I hadn't heard from the vet's office (being Monday morning, I figured they were busy!) so I phoned them.
It turns out the doctor was assessing and floating Jacques when I called!
Although she's floating better, she's still front-heavy, so some of the infection hasn't resolved just yet.
But the more worrisome thing is that she's developing red spots on her skin. The tech said that he told her that could be the infection manifesting in the skin. I asked if it was a sign of sepsis, but she said he made no mention of sepsis.
Aside from that, she is still very alert and active, and behaving in a manner that is encouraging.

I told the tech EMPHATICALLY that there is NO RUSH for me to bring her home. I am happy to wait until the doctor feels absolutely SOLIDLY that Jacques is fully recovered or sufficiently recovered that he's VERY comfortable with her coming home.
Okay. Not the end of the world. It was a bad infection so it may take a little longer to get better. From the sounds of it the vet would have said something if he was worried. [emoji257]

Bambam1989

East Texas
Started to type up some suggestions on a separate thread and then decided not to when i realized that it didn't make sense and I had misunderstood some of the facts.
According to the hubby I have not made sense several times over the last few days. Assuming from being sick.. hope I didn't post any inaccurate info already!
Memo to self- do not try and give advice when sick!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I know, huh? I eat one potato all by myself. Having to share it with another person leaves one hungry, no?
That was what I thought too. You could possibly make a small cream potato. Or maybe mash. But that is definitly one way to make sure you don't have too much carbs. To share one potato.