COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Cricket is hard to understand in the countries that play it. :D

It is widely played in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and the Indian sub-continent. India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have good teams and it's an obsession in that part of the world.
Very much an obsession here. Although not for me. I find it boring.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I’m battling pantry moths again! They are so gross!!
I have to empty cupboards wash down, spray vinegar and I bought some traps from Amazon. Ugh!!
Did you do like I suggested last time and put all your dry goods into air tight, sealed containers? Even noodles and pasta should go into a sealed container. If you buy boxed meals like macaroni and cheese, etc. and you don't plan to use it right away, that should be sealed up too. It's inconvenient, but necessary. So, if you have a box of macaroni and cheese, and it came to you with moth eggs in it, if it's all sealed up in an air tight, plastic container, you won't be infesting the rest of your cupboard when those eggs hatch.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Went to the Home Depot yesterday. I bought an orchid!
You guys probably remember me mentioning how I've killed several orchids in the past but was ready to try keeping them again... Well this was a $20 orchid marked down to $5 so I had to bring it home. It seems healthy, the flowers appear to be almost done for and that's probably why it was marked down.
I read that your not supposed to repot them until they finish flowering but they had moss packed in the pot so tight that i was concerned about it smothering the roots, plus there was an odor coming from the pot that smelled kind of rotten. But the roots we're healthy still.
Yay. Well done. Good luck with it.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Did you do like I suggested last time and put all your dry goods into air tight, sealed containers? Even noodles and pasta should go into a sealed container. If you buy boxed meals like macaroni and cheese, etc. and you don't plan to use it right away, that should be sealed up too. It's inconvenient, but necessary. So, if you have a box of macaroni and cheese, and it came to you with moth eggs in it, if it's all sealed up in an air tight, plastic container, you won't be infesting the rest of your cupboard when those eggs hatch.

Well, not exactly but I was putting opened boxed food and pasta in the refrigerator along with cereal and crackers.

How come grocery stores don’t have moths flying around everywhere?
It is so frustrating. I’m taking it one cupboard at a time. I’m purging too!
I found 4 broiler pans! Who needs 4?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, not exactly but I was putting opened boxed food and pasta in the refrigerator along with cereal and crackers.

The box doesn't have to be opened. The cardboard box isn't air tight, and it may come to you infested.

Bee62

Germany
Good morning I am celebrating a full night’s sleep! I stirred because I was chilly and pulled a blanket over, but went straight back to sleep!

Things are definitely improving with my back. It’s so nice not having had to get up, take pain killers and walk around to try to relieve discomfort :)

The weather here is diabolical, very wet and windy, and due to be like that all day. Apart from the trip to my physio I shan’t be going far!
Hello Linda, I am glad to hear that your back is better. Having so much pain that you cannot sleep is very bad.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We had rain last night and more throughout the day!
Yay!! We so need it!!

I noticed my Sulcata wasn’t coming out to eat so I opened up his night box to pick him up and he was cold!! His oil filled heater wasn’t working.

This happened to me with another oil filled heater.
They seem to only last one or two seasons and they stop warming up but there’s power to it. So my husband rigged up a CHE last night right before dark and when it started sprinkling.

Does anyone have any ideas why the heater just stop working?

I ordered a new one but different brand.

View attachment 237383
Oh no. That is terrible, I wish I could tell you why but I don't have any experience. Good luck.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
That's what I did when I got them years ago. Everything in sealed containers and no outbreak since thank goodness

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
OMW. Does that mean if you use it straight away you will be eating the eggs? And they say there is no protein in pasta!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

In case the other three don't work?