COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. The wet and wind have returned... nowhere near as wet as Monday fortunately. This is a blip allegedly and things are due to steadily improve for the rest of the week.

I am off to Uckfield about an hour south of here in the county of Sussex... no, I didn't actually know where it was either... to be screened for this possible post-operative PTSD that may be the cause of the stress that makes my back issues worse. It's worth a try. Having read up about it, there are many ways that I appear to tick the boxes.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all. The wet and wind have returned... nowhere near as wet as Monday fortunately. This is a blip allegedly and things are due to steadily improve for the rest of the week.

I am off to Uckfield about an hour south of here in the county of Sussex... no, I didn't actually know where it was either... to be screened for this possible post-operative PTSD that may be the cause of the stress that makes my back issues worse. It's worth a try. Having read up about it, there are many ways that I appear to tick the boxes.

Well, good luck, safe travels. Lets hope the source of stress can be isolated then fixed.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Hmmm, the weather here is overcast and windy, so almost the same. It will be very interesting to see if they can help with your back issues, I sincerely hope that they do.

Good Luck.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings all. Our cold, windy, wet Spring is quickly giving over to Summertime temps. Close to record high temps forecast for both today and tomorrow. Should be o/a 90 both days.... from tooo wet and cold to tooooooo hot/humid. Early morning and late evening now the best times for outdoor activities. But, can’t complain.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Greetings all. Our cold, windy, wet Spring is quickly giving over to Summertime temps. Close to record high temps forecast for both today and tomorrow. Should be o/a 90 both days.... from tooo wet and cold to tooooooo hot/humid. Early morning and late evening now the best times for outdoor activities. But, can’t complain.

Enjoy the warmth while it lasts!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I’m back. I had an emotional time with the therapist. My reactions are “classic PTSD”... apparently he gets quite a few patients who have been involved in bad car accidents and the like.

Anyway there’s been a lot of tears and now I feel completely wiped out. I am back there next week.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I’m back. I had an emotional time with the therapist. My reactions are “classic PTSD”... apparently he gets quite a few patients who have been involved in bad car accidents and the like.

Anyway there’s been a lot of tears and now I feel completely wiped out. I am back there next week.

But at least this can be addressed, now, right? [emoji22][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
But at least this can be addressed, now, right? [emoji22][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
Yes, it can. I guess people never even acknowledged or knew about PTSD 14 years ago when I had the operations. There's been a lot of water under a lot of bridges and the trauma at that time was very real.

The memory that affected me most was a random act of kindness from another patient on the ward, but what that memory brought back was how much I wanted to just be out of pain and go home... and how much every twinge of my back makes me scared that it will all happen again.

It's probably going to take awhile to unpick it, but at least it has started :)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Oh shame. It is amazing how exhausting emotions actually are. Have a nice hot cup of tea preferably camomile (to calm you) and go have a nap. You should feel a bit better afterwards.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yes, it can. I guess people never even acknowledged or knew about PTSD 14 years ago when I had the operations. There's been a lot of water under a lot of bridges and the trauma at that time was very real.

The memory that affected me most was a random act of kindness from another patient on the ward, but what that memory brought back was how much I wanted to just be out of pain and go home... and how much every twinge of my back makes me scared that it will all happen again.

It's probably going to take awhile to unpick it, but at least it has started :)
That is really good news. One day at a time.