COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning, Linda! How are you?
I think I’ll give it a try, but if dandelions replace all the native weeds in the next ten years, neither Carol nor I have anything to do with it! :eek:
Lol, We do have Dandelions here in SA I just don't have very many of them available to me. Ha ha ha. I checked with a friend at a clearing agency and he said that all seeds generally need to go through plant health inspection, but if you send it in a sealed zip lock bag labeled Dandelion seeds, in a letter addressed to me, that the authorities will either let it go through or they will confiscate it.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I own a guitar too but never learned to play really good. I can only play some simple things.
But I love to sing and I am good in singing.:)
I have a western guitar with steel strings. The steel strings really hurts when playing.:eek:

We’re still waiting to hear your legendary voice, my friend. ;)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good afternoon everyone. JoesDad and I are in the quaint town of Rye in East Sussex (about an hour from home). We are staying the night as we are going to see 80s band “The Christians” tonight.

The B&B we are staying in is incredibly old - wonky floors, wooden beams - the lot. We have a 4 poster bed and the breakfast room has a minstrels’ gallery :D

It’s all cobbled streets and ancient buildings - guaranteed to be on @moozillion’s bucket list!

I’m envious. A friend lives in Rye and always posts great pictures from there.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Hi there everyone! Now things have settled down with my house and I finally have a landline a reliable laptop (have my nephew's on indefinite loan) and internet connection sorted, thought I'd just say hello on this fine UK bank holiday. I'm still alive and kicking and hope you are all well and that your torts are thriving. This is a banned website in work so haven't even been able to access the forum there - but we can use facebook - very strange, although I have occasionally had a quick peek in the CDR when I've popped to my sisters but couldn't log in and hog their pc. I've missed popping in but hopefully normal service should soon be resumed.
I see you are still on your travels, @JoesMum Hope to catch up with you and everyone else all soon.
TTFN.

Hi Lyn! So happy you’re back. A huge thanks from us to your nephew. ;)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Right I must go and find something for my supper, it's just occurred to me I haven't eaten since breakfast, I don't feel hungry in this hot weather.
Will try to pop in later, so see you all soon.

If it’s anything like Denmark’s scorching 20 degrees Celsius, you might want an ice cream instead of dinner. :D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Taking a little break from catching up now. Must go take pictures of daughter’s class on their trip to the Viking Ship Museum, and then find an envelope that could travel to Cape Town! ;) Not see you all later [emoji173]️
We want to see pictures of Viking Ships too please. And enjoy it.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Around me, people say the second and the tenth year. We’ll celebrate the tenth anniversary in September. :eek:

I read in the paper today that the average UK marriage lasts 11 years.

And the the average wedding costs £27000 including the honeymoon! [emoji33] (You can do your own currency conversion)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Oh, rub it in... :mad: You know, some of us were actually born before the fall of the Berlin wall...

I worked out, to my horror, that I was born less than 20 years after the end of WWII ... which seems nuts! The war seemed like ancient history, yet it wasn’t.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I read in the paper today that the average UK marriage lasts 11 years.

And the the average wedding costs £27000 including the honeymoon! [emoji33] (You can do your own currency conversion)
That is quite an expensive 11 years, and most probably not all of it is pleasant if they are getting divorced at the end of it. I can think of better things to spend that kind of money on.