COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Late October? Early November...? We wanted to start earlier this year because @ZEROPILOT in Florida routinely gets his presents late :oops:
We try to start the calendar contest in August. I think it's not out of line for the T.O.R.T.O.I.S.E. to start then too.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good Evening All

Thought i would post a pix of our Sully as he slowly thinks about exiting his house... He will often sit in this position for hours just watching the world go by - flies, bugs, lizards, bees, planes, birds...who knows what else. Possibly counts the grass blades or clover blossoms. Might be waiting for a dandelion blossom, who knows. Wait, wait, wait. All the time in the world, 24/7, time is on his hands. Eat, drink, walk, graze, sleep. Eat, drink, walk, graze sleep some more. Time.. ticks on. Warm and happy and hot and humid and content. The life of a Sulcata - at peace, at rest.

The Resting Position, Deciding What to Do
635C054A-10B0-42A2-BEE7-5FED19DB5458.jpeg

Tempted with fresh bunch of Rose of Sharon cuttings, Sully dives in

AFB808B7-1C2F-4814-A6C6-8E3C1E8B77C2.jpeg

Bambam1989

East Texas
Good Evening All

Thought i would post a pix of our Sully as he slowly thinks about exiting his house... He will often sit in this position for hours just watching the world go by - flies, bugs, lizards, bees, planes, birds...who knows what else. Possibly counts the grass blades or clover blossoms. Might be waiting for a dandelion blossom, who knows. Wait, wait, wait. All the time in the world, 24/7, time is on his hands. Eat, drink, walk, graze, sleep. Eat, drink, walk, graze sleep some more. Time.. ticks on. Warm and happy and hot and humid and content. The life of a Sulcata - at peace, at rest.

View attachment 241732

View attachment 241733
Sully is such a handsome fella.

Bambam1989

East Texas
I bought another orchid today.. It was on clearance also. This one is a mini phalaenopsis.
This makes three. Let's hope I continue to keep them alive.
I ordered some leca (clay balls often used in hydroponics) I think I'm going to set up 2 of them in a semi-hydro setup I seen done on YouTube. Going to compare it to the orchid bark and see what works best for me.
My husband asked me if I'm officially collecting them now. My response was "once I've kept them alive for a year, I'll consider myself a collector.. clearance orchids are fair game though"

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Sully is such a handsome fella.

Thanks....yes, he’s quite the looker. Not one issue with him in four years, except for one escape...

The problem we now have is that Sully is tooooo wide for the entrance into his house! I need to quickly get that entrance widened to make things easier for our Sully. Not an easy task since the hut is all reinforced.

DE42

I'm sorry everyone. I'm just not feeling like being on here much right now. I'm alive and the took biopsies of my leg yesterday. They are trying to figure out what's going on. They think I may have a second issue going on down there with the pyroderma. The way it's swelling and spreading is not normal. I should find out the results if that in a weak.

I was finally approved for the Stelara and should be starting that soon. So hopefully that will help.

I'm still suffering the symptoms of the stroke and I'm not sure how long they will last. The weakness and shaking is from the nerve pill they gave me. So I stopped it. But the pain is getting worse again.

Hopefully this will all be worked out soon because I feel like this is taking several years off my already shortened life.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I'm sorry everyone. I'm just not feeling like being on here much right now. I'm alive and the took biopsies of my leg yesterday. They are trying to figure out what's going on. They think I may have a second issue going on down there with the pyroderma. The way it's swelling and spreading is not normal. I should find out the results if that in a weak.

I was finally approved for the Stelara and should be starting that soon. So hopefully that will help.

I'm still suffering the symptoms of the stroke and I'm not sure how long they will last. The weakness and shaking is from the nerve pill they gave me. So I stopped it. But the pain is getting worse again.

Hopefully this will all be worked out soon because I feel like this is taking several years off my already shortened life.

Hang in there....lets hope it all gets worked out.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
That’s right. You have so much to do right now!
Did your son’s teacher ever get back to you about that early start of the test incident?

No, I asked him a few times and they have never talked about it.
Today she let him bring his XBox to school because it’s the day before promotion.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Thanks for the update Dan. We do worry. I am glad the Stelara has been approved. Hopefully that will take affect quickly.

As for the rest, I hope progress is made soon. You need some light at the end of this tunnel. Hang on in there.

Electronic hugs winging their way to you

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Evening All

View attachment 241732

View attachment 241733
Wow Sully is gorgeous. I wish I had billy's life.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I bought another orchid today.. It was on clearance also. This one is a mini phalaenopsis.
This makes three. Let's hope I continue to keep them alive.
I ordered some leca (clay balls often used in hydroponics) I think I'm going to set up 2 of them in a semi-hydro setup I seen done on YouTube. Going to compare it to the orchid bark and see what works best for me.
My husband asked me if I'm officially collecting them now. My response was "once I've kept them alive for a year, I'll consider myself a collector.. clearance orchids are fair game though"
Lol. Well done. Can we see pics?