COLD DARK ROOM

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Step away from the knives Bea... step away... yes, that’s right.... and don’t touch that axe...

Come on Bea, let’s have a nice cup of tea... nothing to see here... come on....
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :D:D:D
Thank you, Linda...I feel much better now. :)

(i can also get homicidal about APHIDS!!!!! ANYTHING that attacks my roses!!! :p ;) )
...although I guess HOMI-cidal is not the right word...APHID-cidal??? )

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. I am up early as JoesDad needed a lift to the station.

I am now coming round quietly. I have yoga this morning and then the big decision about my shoulder operation... something is going to have to be seriously sore in the morning for me to go ahead with it though.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
@ZEROPILOT Ancestry has just re-evaluated the DNA profiles now there’s more data.

Mine has definitely confirmed that I am English and Welsh/Celtic (the Norwegian is a Viking invasion of Wales)
View attachment 251318

JoesDad has an Indian aberration in his (Gujarat), but India was a British colony. It basically proves what we knew from his family tree... his family is English and basically lived in the same area for centuries!
View attachment 251319

How cool is that! My 23andMe results estimated a tiny percentage of Mongolian ancestry for me, but the Golden Horde ruled over Rus from the 13th to about 15th century. :rolleyes:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
How cool is that! My 23andMe results estimated a tiny percentage of Mongolian ancestry for me, but the Golden Horde ruled over Rus from the 13th to about 15th century. :rolleyes:
The result was more varied first time round; although I was still basically anglo/celtic. Now that more people have had tests done, they have re-evaluated everyone's results.

In my case the removal of Iberian Peninsula blood is the most noticeable change and from JoesDad he had Bosnia Herzegovina and North America first time round that have both disappeared

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all. I am up early as JoesDad needed a lift to the station.

I am now coming round quietly. I have yoga this morning and then the big decision about my shoulder operation... something is going to have to be seriously sore in the morning for me to go ahead with it though.

Keeping my fingers crossed, still!, for the big decision. I hope your physician will say it’s not necessary! Have fun at yoga!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good mornooning, roommates!

A quiet day ahead for me, unlike yesterday or tomorrow. Or the dreaded Saturday! And on Sunday we’re going on a guided tour to the Open Air Museum showcasing Danish homes, shops, workshops, and windmills throughout history.

Have I shared pics of our piano yet?

It was made by Hornung & Møller, one of the leading Danish piano makers from the 1820s to 1972. Ours was first sold in 1924 to Nakskov Municipality for their summer theater (for today’s equivalent of over 6,000 Euro), and then stayed with the previous owners for 58 years. It needs tuning, but since it’s just for practice and — more importantly! — none of us, except daughter, has any ear for music, we’ll probably avoid that (significant) extra expense.

IMG_7064.jpg
IMG_7065.jpg

P.S. @EllieMay, been meaning to ask you: has the other baby squirrel survived?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning, roommates!

A quiet day ahead for me, unlike yesterday or tomorrow. Or the dreaded Saturday! And on Sunday we’re going on a guided tour to the Open Air Museum showcasing Danish homes, shops, workshops, and windmills throughout history.
That sounds an interesting day out on Sunday! :)

Have I shared pics of our piano yet?

It was made by Hornung & Møller, one of the leading Danish piano makers from the 1820s to 1972. Ours was first sold in 1924 to Nakskov Municipality for their summer theater (for today’s equivalent of over 6,000 Euro), and then stayed with the previous owners for 58 years. It needs tuning, but since it’s just for practice and — more importantly! — none of us, except daughter, has any ear for music, we’ll probably avoid that (significant) extra expense.

View attachment 251372
View attachment 251373
I would have to get that piano tuned. I don't have perfect pitch, but hearing a learner play the piano is bad enough as it is... hearing it out of tune would be much worse. My office used to be next to the school music practice room... learner violinists are worse than learner pianists, but it's a close call!

Also your daughter needs to hear her mistakes and that is much harder if the instrument isn't tuned.
P.S. @EllieMay, been meaning to ask you: has the other baby squirrel survived?
I have been meaning to ask that too!