COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
oh my!

I had a leg incident too. There's this new stray tom cat that's been coming around. He has gotten very pushy, and if I don' put the food down quick enough to suit him he attacks me. So yesterday I was opening the lids of tortoise enclosures, working my way to the back of the carport where the cat food container is, and he jumped on my leg and bit me! I smacked him with the tortoise food lid (plastic) I was holding, and he stopped attacking, but wasn't the least bit afraid of me. I felt liquid running down my leg, so went in the house and washed the wound with Betadine. I'm pondering two choices. . . trap him and take him to be euthanized, or trap him and take him to be neutered. He's not young. He beats up my cats and they're deathly afraid of
him.

That’s not normal!! I would definitely trap him and at least give him a trip to an animal shelter. At the very least, they would neuter and save you the expense.. if they have to euthanize, it may just be meant to be! Not worth the risk to keep him around though! Good luck!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It is definitely a factor Anne.. I believe is something that’s highly abused these days (parents not wanting to deal with Kids being Kids ) so I was very skeptical about putting him on meds. But he told me he needed them so we went to the doctor the first week I had him. We went back a couple weeks ago for a follow up and changed medication. I asked him closely about his reaction and needs and he maintained that it was necessary and the new meds were better. My son found a pill in my bed which I knew to be his. When confronted, he said he forgot to take it but again swore he needed his meds.. He is now facing felony charges for selling schedule 2 narcotics.. he signed a statement admitting to this stating that he wanted the money to buy weed... I was clueless [emoji20]. I put my son In Danger because I believed I could make a difference. I won’t be able to do this again.. but in my defense, this is the first child out of 4 others that I have completely failed with. However, it’s time for me to just focus on my children. I’m sure God has a plan for Dillon and he used me in some way I don’t recognize yet. I’ll just leave it at that. I will also say that situations like these will sure make you recognize not to take the good in your life for granted:)

Hold up girlie!!
You did not “fail” this kid, he was too far gone and you are not a professional.
He is way past just plain old love and support.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
oh my!

I had a leg incident too. There's this new stray tom cat that's been coming around. He has gotten very pushy, and if I don' put the food down quick enough to suit him he attacks me. So yesterday I was opening the lids of tortoise enclosures, working my way to the back of the carport where the cat food container is, and he jumped on my leg and bit me! I smacked him with the tortoise food lid (plastic) I was holding, and he stopped attacking, but wasn't the least bit afraid of me. I felt liquid running down my leg, so went in the house and washed the wound with Betadine. I'm pondering two choices. . . trap him and take him to be euthanized, or trap him and take him to be neutered. He's not young. He beats up my cats and they're deathly afraid of
him.

Oh my goodness!!
That cat is possessed!! Sorry he attacked you!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. Happy weekend to you all.

In the UK, Bonfire Night is celebrated on November 5th. Bonfires, fireworks and the roomies who spent some time in Yorkshire will, no doubt, have memories of pie and pea suppers.

Bonfire Night is actually a commemoration of the Gunpowder Plot in 1605 when Catholics led by Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament and the Protestant King James I.

November 5th is Monday, so many firework displays will be tonight.

The pie and pea supper is definitely a northern England thing. A hot meat pie served in a bowl of mushy peas (cooked dried marrowfat peas) In Yorkshire it's a Pork Pie and served with mint sauce on top... Hmmm this has made me hungry. I think I shall make it for dinner on Monday and post photos in the CDR by way of sharing warm food on a cold night :)

First today though is a rugby union match. England v South Africa at the home of English rugby in Twickenham stadium... last time we went there I froze so I shall be wearing many layers today. And Carol and I must support opposing teams today ... I promise to behave :D COME ON ENGLAND!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yes....i usually clean up a piece or two for the “keeper” as well. Doesnt taste too good, but blends well in green smoothies!
Lol. They have a water called aloe water. It is aloe and coconut water and I suspect sugar as well. Supposed to be very healthy. Although I am not sure how healthy it is with sugar in it.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It is definitely a factor Anne.. I believe is something that’s highly abused these days (parents not wanting to deal with Kids being Kids ) so I was very skeptical about putting him on meds. But he told me he needed them so we went to the doctor the first week I had him. We went back a couple weeks ago for a follow up and changed medication. I asked him closely about his reaction and needs and he maintained that it was necessary and the new meds were better. My son found a pill in my bed which I knew to be his. When confronted, he said he forgot to take it but again swore he needed his meds.. He is now facing felony charges for selling schedule 2 narcotics.. he signed a statement admitting to this stating that he wanted the money to buy weed... I was clueless [emoji20]. I put my son In Danger because I believed I could make a difference. I won’t be able to do this again.. but in my defense, this is the first child out of 4 others that I have completely failed with. However, it’s time for me to just focus on my children. I’m sure God has a plan for Dillon and he used me in some way I don’t recognize yet. I’ll just leave it at that. I will also say that situations like these will sure make you recognize not to take the good in your life for granted:)
Oh Heather it is so sad that this happened to you.
I wish I had some magic words which could make it all better. Just know that I am thinking of you and your family.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all. Happy weekend to you all.

In the UK, Bonfire Night is celebrated on November 5th. Bonfires, fireworks and the roomies who spent some time in Yorkshire will, no doubt, have memories of pie and pea suppers.

Bonfire Night is actually a commemoration of the Gunpowder Plot in 1605 when Catholics led by Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament and the Protestant King James I.

November 5th is Monday, so many firework displays will be tonight.

The pie and pea supper is definitely a northern England thing. A hot meat pie served in a bowl of mushy peas (cooked dried marrowfat peas) In Yorkshire it's a Pork Pie and served with mint sauce on top... Hmmm this has made me hungry. I think I shall make it for dinner on Monday and post photos in the CDR by way of sharing warm food on a cold night :)

First today though is a rugby union match. England v South Africa at the home of English rugby in Twickenham stadium... last time we went there I froze so I shall be wearing many layers today. And Carol and I must support opposing teams today ... I promise to behave :D COME ON ENGLAND!
Whahaha. May the best team win.....South Africa don't be too harsh on England[emoji6]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good evening CDR. Good evening roomies.
I was absent the last days because I am sick. I have a bad inflammation in my left leg. It is swollen, red and it hurts. I take antibiotics since yesterday and I hope they soon will work.
I cannot sit for a longer time. When I put my leg up it hurts less. I try to pop in from time to time.
I wish you all a happy weekend and enjoy the warm weather wherever you have it.
12-weekend.jpg

Oh dear. Get well soon, Bee! Is it the same issue you had before?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So it us Saturday. And it is Hot again. I went shopping this morning and when I came home I check up on my babies - of course. And guess who has decided he likes climbing... I have decided that Kang is definitely male, he just has a face that screams male.[emoji6] I put some tort pellets down for them and he wanted to come down immediately to get his share. I was so scared he would injure himself so I put my hand there thinking that he could use it to climb down but noooo he did not want any help from me. 20181103_094254.jpeg20181103_094340.jpeg20181103_094355.jpeg20181103_094839.jpeg

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
On Monday I put out the oldest of my wooden enclosures because it was full with mold ( the result of high humidity for my torts ). I had help but when we took the enclosure out of the living room the wet wood slided out of my hand and scratched my leg. It hasn`t hurt, so I thought it was okay but on Tuesday the inflammation came with chills and the fever came later.:(:(:(
The good thing: My little (big) sullies have a new enclosure that is bigger than the older was.:)

Oh my. So sorry to hear. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon. I think it was a good call to start taking pills. [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I am sorry to hear that Sabine [emoji22]

If I go carefully to avoid your leg... there... an electronic hug ... Look after yourself and I hope the antibiotics work quickly. (I nearly said "kick in quickly", but that would have been inappropriate!)

I didn’t think of that. Sorry! :oops: [emoji85]