COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
oh my!

I had a leg incident too. There's this new stray tom cat that's been coming around. He has gotten very pushy, and if I don' put the food down quick enough to suit him he attacks me. So yesterday I was opening the lids of tortoise enclosures, working my way to the back of the carport where the cat food container is, and he jumped on my leg and bit me! I smacked him with the tortoise food lid (plastic) I was holding, and he stopped attacking, but wasn't the least bit afraid of me. I felt liquid running down my leg, so went in the house and washed the wound with Betadine. I'm pondering two choices. . . trap him and take him to be euthanized, or trap him and take him to be neutered. He's not young. He beats up my cats and they're deathly afraid of
him.

Neutering might help somewhat with his bullying, but I can see why you would consider the other option too.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all. Happy weekend to you all.

In the UK, Bonfire Night is celebrated on November 5th. Bonfires, fireworks and the roomies who spent some time in Yorkshire will, no doubt, have memories of pie and pea suppers.

Bonfire Night is actually a commemoration of the Gunpowder Plot in 1605 when Catholics led by Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament and the Protestant King James I.

November 5th is Monday, so many firework displays will be tonight.

The pie and pea supper is definitely a northern England thing. A hot meat pie served in a bowl of mushy peas (cooked dried marrowfat peas) In Yorkshire it's a Pork Pie and served with mint sauce on top... Hmmm this has made me hungry. I think I shall make it for dinner on Monday and post photos in the CDR by way of sharing warm food on a cold night :)

First today though is a rugby union match. England v South Africa at the home of English rugby in Twickenham stadium... last time we went there I froze so I shall be wearing many layers today. And Carol and I must support opposing teams today ... I promise to behave :D COME ON ENGLAND!

[emoji849]

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Lol. They have a water called aloe water. It is aloe and coconut water and I suspect sugar as well. Supposed to be very healthy. Although I am not sure how healthy it is with sugar in it.

Yes, ive seen and drank that as well. I think you are right - too much sugar added to make it taste good.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
So it us Saturday. And it is Hot again. I went shopping this morning and when I came home I check up on my babies - of course. And guess who has decided he likes climbing... I have decided that Kang is definitely male, he just has a face that screams male.[emoji6] I put some tort pellets down for them and he wanted to come down immediately to get his share. I was so scared he would injure himself so I put my hand there thinking that he could use it to climb down but noooo he did not want any help from me. View attachment 256007View attachment 256008View attachment 256009View attachment 256010

Nice looking plants in there too!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
There's no shortage of feral cats ... and little upside to viscious ones.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Welcome to the CDR. We don’t usually euthanize cats in here, although some meerkats are certainly getting on the wrong side of us whenever they’re here. We’re an international bunch of friends who enjoy silly jokes and personal stories.

Just pull up an armadillo and our coffee table Montgomery will amble over shortly with some tea or coffee. If you want anything stronger, we can try to locate the One-Legged Pirate. He’s probably hanging out in our local bar. If you need more light, just poke one of the flying jellyfish and be careful where you step. Those pesky hedgehogs are most unkind on our feet! :)

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
A very large storm blew through our area yesterday evening. Tornadoes touched ground in a few spots, a building partially collapsed in Baltimore, a shopping mall a bit west of here was wrecked, trees down, tons of wind and rain.

Strong winds continue now, BUT the sun just poked out and lit up the trees in our back garden

A8B0DA93-9852-44DD-849C-EA586B56FF46.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
So it us Saturday. And it is Hot again. I went shopping this morning and when I came home I check up on my babies - of course. And guess who has decided he likes climbing... I have decided that Kang is definitely male, he just has a face that screams male.[emoji6] I put some tort pellets down for them and he wanted to come down immediately to get his share. I was so scared he would injure himself so I put my hand there thinking that he could use it to climb down but noooo he did not want any help from me. View attachment 256007View attachment 256008View attachment 256009View attachment 256010

Lol!!! Independence is so attractive to the ladies!!! And MYYYYYY, He’s a handsome one!!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
A very large storm blew through our area yesterday evening. Tornadoes touched ground in a few spots, a building partially collapsed in Baltimore, a shopping mall a bit west of here was wrecked, trees down, tons of wind and rain.

Strong winds continue now, BUT the sun just poked out and lit up the trees in our back garden

View attachment 256023
Really beautiful.