COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
A very large storm blew through our area yesterday evening. Tornadoes touched ground in a few spots, a building partially collapsed in Baltimore, a shopping mall a bit west of here was wrecked, trees down, tons of wind and rain.

Strong winds continue now, BUT the sun just poked out and lit up the trees in our back garden

View attachment 256023

Glad it’s not too bad! Stay safe.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
There's no shortage of feral cats ... and little upside to viscious ones.

Jamie

I don’t think we have many feral cats around here. You never even see kitties outside because we have so many coyotes around here so our cats are indoor.

There is a colony down by the beach where a lady feeds them and tries to get them fixed. She tries to get volunteers to take shifts feeding them.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Some pictures from the Lysfest (Festival of Lights). The theme this year was Regnbue - Rainbow.

Here is Roskilde Cathedral during our little tour after dark into this place of burial of many Danish kings and queens and nobility:

IMG_1541255765.120614.jpg

IMG_1541255778.305547.jpg

Tomb of Margrethe I (Margaret the First), who was a queen of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark in the 14th century at a time when women were rarely monarchs. She sought to unite Scandinavia and was nicknamed “the Lady King”.

IMG_1541255792.798170.jpg

IMG_1541255811.722649.jpg

From there we moved to our city library which had a treasure hunt for children. We walked through the sparsely lit library to find all the colors of the rainbow.

IMG_1541255839.302401.jpg

The treasure hunt took us to a nearby art house — to the other end of the rainbow.

IMG_1541255878.276230.jpg

It was a rather long day. [emoji42]

IMG_8328.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
erm. . . maybe not quite so dull for the SA folks!

Final score England 12 - South Africa 11

SA could have won this in the first half, but England defended well. England played much better in the second half. A draw would have seen fair. I have seen better matches.

Elsewhere Wales beat Scotland 21-10 :) Good for me and Adam :)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

SA could have won this in the first half, but England defended well. England played much better in the second half. A draw would have seen fair. I have seen better matches.

Was it a little less dull once England started to score? :p

I guess @Lyn W is not into rugby. She’s the first name that comes to my mind when I hear ‘Wales’ :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Some pictures from the Lysfest (Festival of Lights). The theme this year was Regnbue - Rainbow.

Here is Roskilde Cathedral during our little tour after dark into this place of burial of many Danish kings and queens and nobility:

View attachment 256031

View attachment 256032

Tomb of Margrethe I (Margaret the First), who was a queen of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark in the 14th century at a time when women were rarely monarchs. She sought to unite Scandinavia and was nicknamed “the Lady King”.

View attachment 256033

View attachment 256034

From there we moved to our city library which had a treasure hunt for children. We walked through the sparsely lit library to find all the colors of the rainbow.

View attachment 256035

The treasure hunt took us to a nearby art house — to the other end of the rainbow.

View attachment 256036

View attachment 256037

Pictures loading now I’m away from the stadium. It looks like a fun day :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Was it a little less dull once England started to score? :p
Only because there was more play. The first half had endless stoppages for rule infractions
I guess @Lyn W is not into rugby. She’s the first name that comes to my mind when I hear ‘Wales’ :)
I am half Welsh through my mother :) I’d be surprised if Lyn doesn’t have a rugby opinion :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Picked up another 'found' sulcata this a.m. He weighs 55lbs and has been seen in the area for the past two weeks. Hopefully I'll find his owner soon. It's not a hardship to have him though, as I have an extra warm house off the backyard, where he is. But if I get in another large sulcata, then it will be a hardship. But this isn't usually the time of year they come in, so there shouldn't be any more in my immediate future.

2018 Rescue #78.jpg

He's quite a nice tortoise. Doesn't try to ram me, doesn't squirm when I pick him up. And his shell is quite smooth!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Picked up another 'found' sulcata this a.m. He weighs 55lbs and has been seen in the area for the past two weeks. Hopefully I'll find his owner soon. It's not a hardship to have him though, as I have an extra warm house off the backyard, where he is. But if I get in another large sulcata, then it will be a hardship. But this isn't usually the time of year they come in, so there shouldn't be any more in my immediate future.

View attachment 256053

He's quite a nice tortoise. Doesn't try to ram me, doesn't squirm when I pick him up. And his shell is quite smooth!

Someone’s going to be missing him! He is very handsome

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

View attachment 256031

View attachment 256032

View attachment 256033

View attachment 256034

View attachment 256035

View attachment 256036

View attachment 256037
That looks like it was great fun.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Congratulations England. I did not watch but i know my husband will be upset.