COLD DARK ROOM

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Youngstown, Ohio
The screen lids for 20L tanks are nowhere near as sturdy as those designed for 40B tanks. The 40B lid can hold a cat or two (or maybe even three) without incident.

Our bearded dragon tank (40B) is under the old fireplace mantel (the fireplace is no longer functional since the roof was replaced last year). A few months ago, our smallest cat, Pixie, who tips the scales at a whopping 6 lbs, was up on the mantel where she knows she isn't supposed to be.

Anyway, Pixie got spotted on the mantel that morning, and got fussed at, and she was so startled at being caught and fussed at, that she jumped down from the mantel in a panic.

Down came a fairly heavy, framed piece of artwork, the corner of which hit the lid of the 40B tank. The artwork and Pixie were both fine. The screen lid, hinged lengthwise, barely showed a dent. You'd have to know what you were looking for, and where, to find it again.

The LEGO Christmas village, which had been living on the mantel since last year, did not fare so well. The LEGO village has received its disaster declaration, and the wayward pieces have been recovered, but the reconstruction effort has not yet begun. That's on my significant other's to do list.
Too cute.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
There's no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing :D

I bought a new raincoat today. The zip has failed - well nearly, but it's going to give up completely very shortly - on my waterproof goretex jacket so I had to replace it.

I still have and use my Barbour Coat....it has that good Yorkshire Keeper look...a few holes, tattered cuffs...

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Pictures please. I love orchids. @Momof4 how is your orchid doing? I can't remember if you eventually got one or not.

I still have mine!!

I think it’s doing well! This is the longest I’ve owned one!! It dropped blooms a while back so I hope it blooms again!

All I do is barely water it about once a month.

IMG_2933.jpg
IMG_2938.jpg

Bambam1989

East Texas
Hello stranger! Long time no see. Actually we can't see anyone in here, but you know what I mean :D

How are things with you? :)
Ok now.
Had a few weeks that were just crazy. It's always amazing how things don't go as planned.
Had to fly down to my parents in Texas after my mom got put in the hospital. She had developed septicemia and had to have two of her toes amputated. This happened because she stubbed her toe, broke it in three places, and is a diabetic and didn't know it.
Clunker has been living in bliss in his new enclosure. He has even become more tolerant of hubby!
We had the yearly conference with my daughter's school and she has been doing excellent (last year she fell way behind on her work because she was being lazy)
Hubby had decided to go for the job in Montana but the company said they were trying to fill a couple more positions before they gave a date for him to start... And now we haven't heard back from them. I think hubby should call them to see what's going on, but he feels like that would make him a nag.
I missed the calendar competition! Ugh, that was while I was in Texas. Oh well- I'll just wait till next year.

How is everyone else doing? Tell me all about it[emoji217]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
so sorry to hear about your mom. You wouldn't by any chance be related to my son's wife, Tamara Gomez, would you? Her mom lives in Texas with them and recently had some toes amputated due to poor circulation and diabetes. Same story, same state!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Ok now.
Had a few weeks that were just crazy. It's always amazing how things don't go as planned.
Had to fly down to my parents in Texas after my mom got put in the hospital. She had developed septicemia and had to have two of her toes amputated. This happened because she stubbed her toe, broke it in three places, and is a diabetic and didn't know it.
Clunker has been living in bliss in his new enclosure. He has even become more tolerant of hubby!
We had the yearly conference with my daughter's school and she has been doing excellent (last year she fell way behind on her work because she was being lazy)
Hubby had decided to go for the job in Montana but the company said they were trying to fill a couple more positions before they gave a date for him to start... And now we haven't heard back from them. I think hubby should call them to see what's going on, but he feels like that would make him a nag.
I missed the calendar competition! Ugh, that was while I was in Texas. Oh well- I'll just wait till next year.

So sorry about your Mom. That’s awful. I guess she’s on a carefully monitored diet now to try to control the diabetes.

Having had gestational diabetes when pregnant apparently I am at risk of type 2. I have to go for annual blood tests. This drives home why :(

Bambam1989

East Texas
so sorry to hear about your mom. You wouldn't by any chance be related to my son's wife, Tamara Gomez, would you? Her mom lives in Texas with them and recently had some toes amputated due to poor circulation and diabetes. Same story, same state!
Nope, no relation. Crazy how it's the same issue

Bambam1989

East Texas
So sorry about your Mom. That’s awful. I guess she’s on a carefully monitored diet now to try to control the diabetes.

Having had gestational diabetes when pregnant apparently I am at risk of type 2. I have to go for annual blood tests. This drives home why :(
It runs in my family, one of the many reasons why I need to lose some more weight!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Ok now.

So so sorry to hear about your mom!
Poor mama. Is she in good spirits?

Hmmm, that’s a tough one about the job! Has he signed a contract?

Great news about your daughter! It’s nice to have support from the school.